“Good” 4 of 5 stars

6480 Dobbin Center Way, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ale House Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 225 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Expensive burger! But LOVED the fries and brownie sundae. Staff is very courteous and friendly. I'd come back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Chosen by others, Recommended by us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We had the opportunity to visit with friends and they choose the Ale House. We're really glad they did because we will definitely go back, given the chance.

Their beer selection was diverse and didn't disappoint. We started with the mussels, a nice way to start the meal. Ei enjoyed the tacos and had the vegetable risotto. For me, as soon as they offered the evening's special of NY Strip with blue cheese on top, I knew I had to get it. I was very happy with my choice as the steak was properly cooked and the garlic mashed potatoes were a wonderful side dish. We finished the meal with bread pudding, which was a great choice.

The Ale House is a restaurant that we will definitely recommend.

Visited July 2013
“Beer, food, fun on the patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I visited on a pleasant weekday evening and sat on the patio. Our waiter was very helpful, and recommended beers for me to sample from the extensive crafted beer menu. My first and favorite tasted like peaches. I ordered a mushroom risotto which was creamy without being dairy so it suited me fine. I really enjoyed the dish. My husband kept it light with mussels - a dish offered with 4 sauce options. We really like that the patio is ample and tables are not crowded together. We didn't have to shout but is looks like a fun place to party. We'll visit again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Beers great, food not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Service was great....beer lists extensive and fantastic, atmosphere was nice but food left alot to be desired...we ordered pretzels off appetizers supposedly popular "fondue" not so so good and pretzels extremely salty and overcooked....ordered French dip sandwich (another favorite) grizzle city and a ton of ginger in sauce?!!! Stick to the fries and beer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Fairly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Large restaurant with many beers on tap. Food was good, but not very good. Service was prompt and friendly. Best dish was the chicken picatta. Lots of tvs with live sports. Beer is good
and many are draft.