“Business get together” 5 of 5 stars

6480 Dobbin Center Way, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ale House Columbia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 205 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Savage, Maryland, United States
“Business get together”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I checked out this place because one of our clients is part of the wait staff. JD told us our salon would have a good time and he made some menu suggestions. A week later we went and all sat at the comfy round booth of the bar where we could talk and see all the action. The pretzel appt. is the best!! Don't leave without tasting it. The crowd is a nice mix of age, race and gender. So happy Howard county has a No Smoke. Just wish smokers could not stand near entry way.

• Visited January 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I happened upon the Ale House after shopping. It had only been open for a few weeks. We were seated right away. The wait staff was very nice and attentive. The craft beers were excellent the menu was interesting. Lots of tvs to watch games. The decor was simple and clean. I would describe it as a sort of upscale sports bar/restaurant. We plan to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, Maryland
“Great new escape from the Columbia chain restaurants!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I love the Ale House great food, service, and craft beer list! For only being opened a few weeks they have really got their game down. The servers and bartenders are all great and provide great service. Everything we have tried on the menu has been very good as well. The pretzel is SO good! It is a must have if you have are throwing back a few pints or just a great snack. I also love the crispy chicken salad and the fish tacos.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Venice, Florida
“Great New Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. The old Rocky Run is now The Ale House Columbia & totally redesigned inside & out. This place is a beer lover's delight. Numerous draft beers to satisfied any beer lover - the beer they brew & the beer from many other breweries. For the sports lover there are flat screen televisions almost everywhere that you look. As for seating there are comfortable booths, bar chairs & high top tables. The bartenders & barmaids address you by name & make you feel like a regular on your first visit. We have been there twice & thoroughly enjoyed the food - mussels, fish tacos & flat bread pizza. Looking forward to going back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
silver spring
“Great new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just two weeks after opening, The Ale House Columbia is packed with people enjoying a great meal and a good time. Parking is a problem they will have to solve. I suggest parking in the lower lot, away for the restaurant, and walking up. Or across the street at the Wal Mart. Reservations are recommended.

For an appetizer, my daughter and I shared the mac and cheese with mushrooms. Other toppings include lobster, sausage, pulled pork, and others. The mac and cheese was delicious. We didn't try it this time, but the mussels also look like an appetizer well worth sharing.

For dinner, I had the braised short ribs. Absolutely incredible! Served over garlic mashed potatoes, the short ribs were flavorful and tender. I finished everything on my plate.

The Ale House has a very wide selection of quality beers on tap, including about a dozen of their own. Loved the beer list.

Service was excellent. Will definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food