“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I hesitate to rave about this hotel for fear others will discover it! (O: It was immaculate, a good value, and near both the interstate and well as the mall and other restaurants. Friendly staff and quiet, comfortable rooms. Kudos!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
dznygal,

SSSSHHHHH.... We will do what we can to keep the Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South a secret, tough with a review like this, I don't know if we can do a lot to help.....

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.Thank you also for your kind words about the Staff, conveneince and cleanliness of the hotel.

We are proud of our team and I appreciate your thoughts about them and their willingness to take care of you.

Please come back and see us!

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were greeted immediately with welcoming smiles. Check in was quick and easy. When my husband asked about our loyalty card info (we couldn't find our card) the young man said he would look into it for us. When we went out to visit family who reside in Columbia the young man had a new card prepared for us. Talk about fast service! Ground floor room was most adequate and quiet and comfortable. WiFi service was good. Large counter top space in bathroom with good lighting, nice personal care products. The free breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, cereals, yogurt, fruit, muffins, juice and several kinds of coffee. We were with other family members and all were satisfied. The management checked with each table to make sure we had what we needed. Also kept tables clean and ready for next guests to use. We tried the indoor pool Sunday evening and the two of us had it all to ourselves. This Hampton is fairly new but it is well managed. We will most definitely stay here on return visits to Columbia.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Maggiepie,

Thanks for taking the time to complete a review of our Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South.

Your kind words about the desk and your breakfast experiences were sincerly appreciated. Like wise your comments about your room and pool are were nice as well.

I am glad you and your family had good experiences with us! We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to the Columbia area!

Thanks for staying with us!

Cumberland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel was actually my second choice, because it is so new, it did not show up on a regular search. The Hampton Inn in Columbia was full and they informed me of this hotel. It is new, clean and pleasant. The breakfast was great. They had hot items, including eggs and sausage. Which I really appreciate, because I am not a fan of the cheap high carb fair typically offered at complimentary breakfasts. THe fruit selection was also nice. Coffee was robust and flavored creamers appreciated. The pool is small and a bit on the cool side. Great for swimming laps, not so great for aquarobics or kids playing. There is no hot tub, sad story. The fitness center was awesome. 3 treadmeils, 2 elipticals and a recumbant bike. 2 benches, free weights, kettlebells and a core ball. They are located near Arundel Mills, the airport, Columbia shopping and many many eateries. It was 20 minutes to Catonsville each morning for training and only 30 minutes to downtaon Annapolis for dinner and sightseeing. VERY Convenient An they gave me a military discount! Overall...this will be my go to place when I am travelling downstate for training.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Deann S.,

Boy 'o boy... I think you just about covered it all! Not much more thaqt I can add, other than Thank you!

Thank you for your review, thank you for staying with us and thank you all the kind things you had to say about your stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South!

I am pleased the location worked out so well for your training and also to head to arundel Mills and Annapolis. Please look us up agiain when your travels fro "up" state bring you back to the area.

chesapeake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

decided to stay outside Baltimore for recent Orioles/Yankees game. good decision, as the parking pass to stadium was $10, valet parking would have been $30plus. Hampton Inn, convenient to highways, great staff, and there is even a AAA travel shop next door.

Douglas M.,

Great review and one that I hope others take note of in the future.

Even though we are outside the City and might be considered a "drive" for a Baseball of Football game, the convenience of just being able to jump on Route 32 and then I-95 into the City is hard to beat. Inner Harbor rates are generally a little more expensive and you have to pay to park. We hsave plently of retaurants and pubs near the Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South, though it is much easier to get around and park.

Maybe we'll see you later in the season when the Yankees and Orioles may hook-up in the playoffs!!!

Thanks for staying with us!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I saw this motel about a year ago, when I had business in the area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. My children visited our room and said it was far nicer than their room at the Hilton Inner Harbor. The location is very convenient to shopping, dining and entertainment. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have refrigerators. The other floors don't have fridges yet.
Green Features: This only the second motel I've visited that had a/c motion sensors and a master switch for the unit. They managed to provide good water pressure for the shower while utilizing lower flow fixtures.
TruthfulTraveler123,

Thanks for the review. I am glad you remembered our hotel and chose to stay with us during your return visit to the area. The Hilton Inner Harbor is a nice hotel and to be compared to them is an honor, then to be considered a little nicer is even better.....

The Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South is conveniently located to several major roads and within a 30 or so minute drive to DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. Shopping is relatively close and there are a number of very good restaurants within close proximity as well.

Our Housekeeping Team and Service Teams are exceptional. Thanks for acknowledging how well taken care of you felt. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Brand new property. Everything here was clean and comfortable. A very good selection if you are going to be in the area.
I need to thank the management for being incredibly customer focused. I made a mistake with my reservation which I was going to absorb. On checking out I was asked if there was anything else they could do. I reluctantly told the front desk of my situation. They listened and told me they would get back to me. To my surprise they fixed my error. They have made me an even more loyal Hilton Member.

Stayed July 2014
TravelerNYC-1,

Thank you ver much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are very proud our team and the continued efforts they put forward to not only meet our guests needs, but to exceed them. I am very glad that they were able to rectify your situation and follow-up with you on their sucessful completion.

Thanks for acknowledging their willingness to listen and actually hear your concerns and then address them to your satisfaction. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Hamilton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I were staying here to visit friends for their bridal shower and respective bachelor and bachelorette parties. The hotel was located close to major highways without being too noisy. The amenities were wonderful, the room was perfect and the free breakfast was amazing.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
John R,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Hamton Inn and Suites in Columbia, MD/South.

From the sounds of things you guys had a great weekend with bachelor and bachelorette parties, a wedding and a great stay in our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us and are glad that we could compliment the exciting and fun filled weekend you had.

The Hampton Brand has some wonderful amenities with the free breakfast, complimentary internet and comfortable clean rooms. Nice to hear that our location was convenient for the variety of activites you had while in the area as well.

Please come back and stay with us again. Maybe the next time you can enjoy some of the wonderful sites and attractions around the Baltimore, D.C., Annapolis and Columbia areas.

Thanks.

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South? Share your experiences!