“baseball trip” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
chesapeake, United States
“baseball trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

decided to stay outside Baltimore for recent Orioles/Yankees game. good decision, as the parking pass to stadium was $10, valet parking would have been $30plus. Hampton Inn, convenient to highways, great staff, and there is even a AAA travel shop next door.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Douglas M.,

Great review and one that I hope others take note of in the future.

Even though we are outside the City and might be considered a "drive" for a Baseball of Football game, the convenience of just being able to jump on Route 32 and then I-95 into the City is hard to beat. Inner Harbor rates are generally a little more expensive and you have to pay to park. We hsave plently of retaurants and pubs near the Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South, though it is much easier to get around and park.

Maybe we'll see you later in the season when the Yankees and Orioles may hook-up in the playoffs!!!

Thanks for staying with us!

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I saw this motel about a year ago, when I had business in the area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful. My children visited our room and said it was far nicer than their room at the Hilton Inner Harbor. The location is very convenient to shopping, dining and entertainment. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have refrigerators. The other floors don't have fridges yet.
Green Features: This only the second motel I've visited that had a/c motion sensors and a master switch for the unit. They managed to provide good water pressure for the shower while utilizing lower flow fixtures.
TruthfulTraveler123,

Thanks for the review. I am glad you remembered our hotel and chose to stay with us during your return visit to the area. The Hilton Inner Harbor is a nice hotel and to be compared to them is an honor, then to be considered a little nicer is even better.....

The Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South is conveniently located to several major roads and within a 30 or so minute drive to DC, Baltimore and Annapolis. Shopping is relatively close and there are a number of very good restaurants within close proximity as well.

Our Housekeeping Team and Service Teams are exceptional. Thanks for acknowledging how well taken care of you felt. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Brand new property. Everything here was clean and comfortable. A very good selection if you are going to be in the area.
I need to thank the management for being incredibly customer focused. I made a mistake with my reservation which I was going to absorb. On checking out I was asked if there was anything else they could do. I reluctantly told the front desk of my situation. They listened and told me they would get back to me. To my surprise they fixed my error. They have made me an even more loyal Hilton Member.

Stayed July 2014
TravelerNYC-1,

Thank you ver much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are very proud our team and the continued efforts they put forward to not only meet our guests needs, but to exceed them. I am very glad that they were able to rectify your situation and follow-up with you on their sucessful completion.

Thanks for acknowledging their willingness to listen and actually hear your concerns and then address them to your satisfaction. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Hamilton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I were staying here to visit friends for their bridal shower and respective bachelor and bachelorette parties. The hotel was located close to major highways without being too noisy. The amenities were wonderful, the room was perfect and the free breakfast was amazing.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
John R,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our Hamton Inn and Suites in Columbia, MD/South.

From the sounds of things you guys had a great weekend with bachelor and bachelorette parties, a wedding and a great stay in our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us and are glad that we could compliment the exciting and fun filled weekend you had.

The Hampton Brand has some wonderful amenities with the free breakfast, complimentary internet and comfortable clean rooms. Nice to hear that our location was convenient for the variety of activites you had while in the area as well.

Please come back and stay with us again. Maybe the next time you can enjoy some of the wonderful sites and attractions around the Baltimore, D.C., Annapolis and Columbia areas.

Thanks.

Richmond, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Bed was cozy and friend said that the pull out sofa in the suite was pretty comfortable as well. I did have an issue accessing wifi initially, however called desk and they provided me with a password. The walls seemed to be a hair thin as I could hear murmuring among the guests staying in the room next to ours. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, and better than other hotels i've stayed in around the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chuck C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Jonathan S,

Thanks for the kind words. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy your stay with us more than other hotels you've stayed at in the area. We have quite a few nice hotel choices in the area and I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations.

As you probably know, there are tons of activiteis in the local area and we enjoy a very convenient location relative to Columbia, Baltimore, Annapolis and even Washington DC. A great location for busines and personal travel.

I was pleased to hear that the desk was able to assist you with your wifi access. Complimentary wifi is a great feature for Hampton Inn and Suite hotels. Your comments on the sofa bed being comfortable are appreciated as well. Considering all of the Suites have them, it is nice to hear that they are fairly comfortable!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we welcome you back any time.

Augusta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very nice experience with family at this Hampton The staff very friendly, the continental breakfast was great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay there again as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Joseph B,

Great review! Thanks for staying with us and your willingness to recommend us to others and return during your next visit.

The Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South is a great location for both business and personal travel in and around the Columbia, Baltimore and even Washington DC area.

I am gald you found the hotel exceeding your expectation with cleanliness and service. These are two areas that we put a lot of attention to and it is rewarding when our efforts pay off! We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area. Thanks again.

Excelsior, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I travel to Maryland frequently, and this is by far the best property in the Columbia/Laurel area. It is a new hotel that is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. My only complaint is that they do not (yet) have fridges in every room. If you require a medication, etc. to be refrigerated, you will need a suite.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
jgravestravels,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn and Suites Columbia/South! I appreciate your kind words about the cleanliness and friendliness of the team. We are awfully proud of what they have accomplished in the short 1.5 years that we have been open.

Great news for you and many of our future guests!! Not only do we have the refrigerators and microwaves in the Suites, we also have them as an option in all of the fourth floor rooms and soon we will have them on the third floor as well. This has been a request that we have had for a while and we will soon have nearly 1/2 of the hotel equipped with refrigeration for medical needs and to accomodate longer term staying guests as well.

Thanks for making us your "go-to" hotel here in Maryland. We welcome you back on your next visit!

Chuck Chandler, General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South? Share your experiences!