“Excellent New Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent New Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I really like these new Hampton's and this location is no exception. Very clean and a great staff, especially the night desk guy who took good care of me when I was beat and arrived after midnight.

Nice fitness center and it seems like a good location.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Every time I`m in town I stay here. I really like the staff, always helpful and super friendly...and the rooms are big and very clean.... breakfast is very good as well...the fitness center is kept up and I haven't had a chance to check out the pool yet but I will in the future ;-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have a wonderful suite with kitchen, sitting area, bedroom. It's like a small apartment. Can beat this deal. I also get free internet service, free parking, free breakfast. I paid twice as much for a tiny room in NYC with much less then I'm getting here. The front desk service is adequate. Don't think they understand what "quality restaurants" mean but that may be immaturity. It's okay because they were helpful in other ways. I would definitely return to this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Collinsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn South three weeks from June-August 2013. The staff is always friendly. The young man who provides the continental breakfast kept the busy dining area very clean, and the food area was clean and food never ran out.

There was an issue where I left a note at the front asking that my bed not be touched or made. Unfortunately, the message was not passed on to the maid. The hotel made it right with their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. I returned home for a couple days and returned to the Hampton for the next week for my final workshop and to pleasantly find my room had upgraded. What a nice touch. When I made plans to stay an extra night Ian at the front desk was able to keep me in the same room rather than my having to room to another room for the extra night.

I would highly recommend this hotel for their excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Check hotel ratings from sources other than hotel websites. I stayed at another hotel in Columbia...
Green Features: Hampton Inn South will change towels and bedding with guest requests, but to be environmentally friendly they only do so at guest request.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
La Quinta, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

A new facility with very friendly staff. Unfortunately the housekeeping staff lets the rest down. Here for an eight night stay. After the first night I return at the end of the day to find my room had not been serviced; spoke with the desk attendant who was very apologetic and gave me the Hilton guarantee and comped that night. I return the next evening - room had not been vacuumed, cups and kleenex not replaced, ice bucket full of water. Once again an embarrassed staff apologized and called while I was there to get housekeeping to service the room. Well, you guessed it, I return tonight and the room had not been vacuumed, still no Kleenex and the water still in the ice bucket. A nice desk attendant has given me the card of the Assistant Manager to speak with. Lets just say I am not too hopeful!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Burlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

AAAAA+++++ Highly recommend!!!!!! Wonderful Place to Stay. Very quiet, Very Clean, Friendly staff. Employees went well beyond to make our stay great. Very welcoming. Will stay at this hotel again. Thank you Hampton Inn and its staff:)There's nothing bad I can say.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Athens, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Unfortunately, our visit was due to a death in our family. It was not a recreational visit. This particular facility was very nice indeed! Great beds, exceptional service. However, I would suggest at least having the OPTION of having REAL eggs on your breakfast menu. I could taste the powder of the "healthy" eggs. Nasty things. A breakfast choice of turkey or beef sausage for your Kosher visitors would not go amiss as well. Also, you have a very nice indoor pool at this facility. However, it was cold for an indoor pool. A few degrees warmer (not a sauna, just a bit of warmth) would have been greatly appreciated.....or perhaps add a hot tub so one could warm up. I am sure those with back pain would appreciate such an addition as it eases the pain when one has traveled 14 hours to their destination. Overall, this facility was one I would definitely visit again and recommend to my friends....with a warning regarding the breakfast and the pool Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South? Share your experiences!