“Modern and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Modern and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in. The lobby and room decor was modern and tasteful. The lobby area was beautiful. The indoor pool was a saltwater pool which eliminated the usual, overpowering chlorine smell. The complimentary breakfast was tasty and provided a nice variety.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, friendly, affordable hotel to stay in the Columbia area, look no further. I've stayed at some very nice hotels (Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott) with all the amenities in my travels but this one is by far the best for customer service I've experienced...EVER. Hotel is fairly new and is kept spotless. The staff is very friendly and more than accommodating. If there was a rating above Excellent, this Hampton Inn would get it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CoryCartwright, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We take a lot of pride in our team and our efforts to be one of the best hotels around. I will share your comments with our team as we consistently like to learn from both the good and the bad. Your feedback will definitely be a positive reinforcement for their efforts.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The staff couldn't do a better job! Here are some extra characters to make the tripadvisor review happy. No one likes to write novels without being paid.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here for business for three nights last week and it meets my needs as a business traveller to a tee. Well stocked pantry downstairs with a quick bite to eat and beer/wine for nights when I need to just sit in the room and work. Within a couple of miles of any retail/restaurant you'd ever want. Near the interstate, exceptionally friendly and accommodating staff. Free internet and parking. Allowed me to focus on the business at hand. I don't want hassles when I am staying in a motel for the week, and this one took all that stress out of the equation. I will stay there whenever I am in that town, and I am not even at the top of this chain's points program. I typically seek out Hyatt Place or one of the Marriott brands, but this specific Hampton Inn is at the top of my list now.

Room Tip: They upgraded me to a suite, for no reason (I am not a preferred customer there) and it was the sam...
Marathon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a brand new Hampton Inn. Very clean and shiny. The staff was great. The only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is because in typical Hampton Inn fashion, they ruin the breakfast every time. Why can't they just make scrambled eggs, and let the guest add their own accouterments. I hate when they mix stuff in with the eggs. If I'm able to add my own sugar and cream to my coffee, to bring it my liking, then I can probably handle doing the same with my eggs. STOP thinking for me Hampton Inn. Also, Western omelets, really??? Bagel toppers? The bagels are there. Let me top them. I don't want some pencil pusher deciding what I want on my bagel. I avoid Hampton Inn like the plague because of the breakfast. And where do they get that onion skin thin bacon from anyway? It looks like it should be in a science lab under a microscope. And the Turkey Sausage, yeah, I said it, Turkey Sausage. Enough said.
Wake up Hampton Inn. Fix the breakfast, and I'm there every time.

YUMA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Pleasant service, well maintained and appointed facility. Only about 15 minutes by taxi from BWI. My only complaint is the website which indicated such a taxi ride should cost about $20. A mid-morning weekend trip was much closer to $50 with no traffic, which led to an unpleasant start to the trip. Attentive staff with needs of a large wedding party. Thanks!

Columbus OH, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Everything was great except the sheets were scratchy. Maybe they're cutting corners on detergent. Also, they had meat mixed into the eggs at breakfast. As a vegetarian, that didn't work for me, but I know that won't affect most people.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CoryCartwright, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for the inconveniences your experienced during your stay. We strive to please everyone with our breakfast offerings, which change daily, but I do apologize that the menu for that day was not up to your satisfaction. We are working with the Hampton brand team with some new menu offerings coming soon. We are also working with our laundry machines to improve the feel of our sheets. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We value our guest's opinion and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thanks for your review.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South? Share your experiences!