“Not to my taste” 4 of 5 stars

6131 Columbia Crossing, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 224 Restaurants in Columbia
Description: In addition to the original Maiwand Kabob at Harper's Choice, this site combines a fine dining room experience with the takeout options & extra menu choices and specials.
PA Dutch
“Not to my taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I got two orders of Lamb & chicken Kabobs to go for my son and me.
The meat was well cooked & tender and the spices not too bad. My son, who has been to Afghanistan, liked the meal very muck. I only liked the meat, not the appetizer nor sides.
The kabobs were made after I ordered so they required a wait, but were fresh.
Chalk this up to cultural differences.
While I'll never return, he will.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Rubber band in Kabob”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Rubber band inside of the kofta kabob.

Worst customer service in the world.

Will NEVER be back

When you originally get the "give me a reason to spit in your food" vibe from the unhappy/rude/disrespectful employees and then you end up w/ a rubber band in your meat kabob...RUN do not walk from Maiwand Kabob

The to top it off with even worse customer service after the fact.

Warning: if you're hungry don't zoom into see the baked in rubber band!
hint: the rubber band was baked into the kabob and you can faintly see it in the picture running up out of the top of that piece. Disgusting!!!!!

“Rubber band in my Kofta Kabob!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Bad Service, Rude Employees, and to top it all off there was a RUBBER BAND INSIDE my KOFTA KABOB!!! I am not sure whether or not this happened on accident or if they did it intentionally, but either way it is completely unacceptable!

I would STAY AWAY FROM this place, way to many other places to eat with better food and service in Columbia!

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best kabob in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We usually go to the small, less formal restaurant on Harper's Farm in Columbia. The kabobs are the best in the area. Everything is good -- the chickpeas, pumpkin, samosas, mantwo, bread, green sauce, everything is spiced well and delicious,

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palmetto
“Great for take out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This restaurant and take out is in the center of Harper's Choice shopping area, Columbia. I've never eaten inside, and it's just a typical small place and appears most folks just take out. I loved the Chicken Tikka Kabab which was dark meat chicken which were legs. I thought this dish was outstanding. I love the seasoning. Everyone else got Kofta Kabab, which is ground beef wrapped in a stick. It is always good and seasoned perfectly. The dinners come with Basmati Rice and a small salad. The only misstep for me was a appetizer of eggplant. It was very greasy and kind of a big mess- its cooked in tomatoes, green pepper and served with a yogurt sauce. All of the vegetables were non- distinguishable. The complimentary Tandori Bread is awesome. Like pita, but thicker and soft, and plenty of it. I'm sure this is homemade. All in all, this is great place for some different take out food with reasonable prices- skip the pizza and burgers, and get a taste of middle eastern flavors.

• Visited March 2014