“The Best Spot In Town For Afghani Fare!” 5 of 5 stars

6131 Columbia Crossing, Columbia, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 223 Restaurants in Columbia
Description: In addition to the original Maiwand Kabob at Harper's Choice, this site combines a fine dining room experience with the takeout options & extra menu choices and specials.
ELLICOTT CITY
“The Best Spot In Town For Afghani Fare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

From the time we walked in until we left the experience was top notch. The aromas were wonderful when we first opened the doors. As we approached the order counter a very personable young lady (the owner's daughter) was helpful with the explainations of the different dishes on the menu and the special of the day. The decor was nice and the tables clean and nicely spaced. Our meals came to us piled high with nice warm rice, bread and our entrees. My wife had the Kabuli Pallau with Lamb, one of the Weekend Specials. I had the Sabzi Challow..Spinach with Lamb and a Side Salad; very tasty all. Our server checked on us several times, keeping our water glasses filled and answering any questions we might have. I will return and recommend that anyone having a "hankering" for tasty Afghanistan food pay a visit to this wonderful restaurant!

• Visited December 2012

maryland
“Very pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We checked this place out on a cold and miserable Sunday afternoon based on Trip Advisor's good reviews. We were really happy with our meal. The prices were not bad, especially for Columbia. The meats were very tender and seasoned well. I had the chicken and my husband had the lamb special. We tried 2 appetizers- the pumpkin and the eggplant. There was a lot of moisture in them, which might bother some, and a lot of yogurt, but the flavors were nice. Overall we were pleased and will definitely go again to try some other dishes. Also the inside of the restaurant was nice and inviting with good middle eastern tunes.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Kabab ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The quality and taste of Kabab is irresistable! I am from the middle east, and I was always searchig for the excellent taste and the unique middle eastern cusine Kabab, and finally I found Maineook Kabab. Absolutely delicious!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of kind. Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Awesome food. Aawesome service. The food quality is remarkably superior to their fast-food alternatives. I love the private curtained section for family dine-Ins.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Does not disappoint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

If you have been to one of their previous locations, get ready because this place is the same great food but in a much nicer restaurant. I felt that the interior was very well put together. I would be glad to be taken here on a date or just a fun night out with friends. It has more of a sit down feel than their other restaurants.

If you've never been here, do yourself the favor and go. It's delicious food with wonderful flavored and spices. I'm so glad they put one in over here!!