“Good workaround” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Athens, OH, United States
“Good workaround”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

When I arrived around 9:30PM, the hotel was very full. All rooms were sold out. Frond desk told me I can get one smaller suit and one studio instead of the one large suit that was reserved. No additional charge of course. Two rooms were next to each other. We were happy about this change.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
silver spring, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Only stayed one night while we had no power at home. Staff was very nice and the room was great. The suite was a really nice plus. Loved laying by the pool. I would stay here again. The AC unit was a little loud. 2 nice big TVs and a nice suite

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Loved this hotel. The suite was perfect for us. We had 2 rooms. One room with 2 queen beds, TV, and bathroom. Other room had sofa, chair, TV, desk, and kitchen. The kitchen had a full size fridge and freezer, dishwasher, oven burners, and microwave. The only drawback in the room I noticed, was the sink area in the bathroom didn't have much space.

The staff was very nice and prompt. We had an issue with the smoke alarm beeping due to needing new batteries, and maintenance showed up within 10 minutes. A great bonus is that breakfast was included. I like the fact that they rotated what was offered everyday that we were there. You could eat in the dining area, or take a tray up to your room. They offer dinner Monday thru Thursday.

My kids enjoyed the swimming pool and there also is a basketball court. The hotel also has grills out by the pool and basketball court.

Another great thing about this hotel, is the location. We were only about 5 miles from the Columbia Mall and there are so many restaurants to choose from.

I would book this hotel again, if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed for two weeks while on an extended business trip. Every room has a kitchenette with full size refirgerator and dishwasher, two burner cooktop and utensils. There is an on site laundry, clean and well lit. Full hot breakfast is included; it does get busy and they did run out of some items on the weekend; the staff worked very hard to provide alternatives. The helpful and couretous staff work very hard and smart to take care of teh guests. Great location off I-95; walk to chain restaurants (TGI Fridays, McDonalds, Bob Evans and Olive Garden); near shopping center (Trader Joe's, Costco, On the Border, Houlihans). Definite thumbs up. Reserve in advance; I couldn't get all the days I wanted. It is a pet friendly hotel; I saw large and small dogs. Thre were no hygiene issues but may not want to stay there if you have allergies.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the outside; the inside rooms face the outdoor pool area, which can get noisy a...
Chester Springs, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The suite was a nice size and comfortable. It was quite and conducive for working. The people working in the hotel were very nice. The dinner and breakfast were not worth the extra price. I thought that this would cover the costs for meals, but it was not edible. Moldy fruit in the morning, greasy food at night.

Lake Villa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Love this hotel and their awesome staff!! Nice location, feels very safe, and apartment like suites that you can bring your pet with. Love the $15 a day pet fee vs. Residence Inn with a $100 or $150 pet fee each stay, which makes it too expensive to stay at for short stays.

Ruther Glen, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Room was not ready to check in until after 7:00pm, when it was supposed to be ready @ 4:00pm. Upon arrival when I trying to check in it was like I was asking for something that I had not reserved. I had a printed copy of my reservation and was told I would need to take another room. I reserved a suite room with a king bed and 2 queens for 3 men. I was offered a double queen room tthat would not work for 3 men, meaning 2 would need to sleep in the same bed... Needless to say after going back and forth with the receptionist we finally got hte room we reserved @ 7:00pm. Very unacceptable

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GeneralManager8320, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Homewood Suites - Columbia, I want to thank you for your recent stay with us, though it was not a plesant one.

I do apologize for concerns you encountered upon checkin and have made our Front Office Manager,as well as our Executive Housekeeper aware of the situation.

Yes, your room should have been ready by 4:00pm, unless there was a situation beyond our control, which should have been communicated and handled promptly. All of our rooms have a pull out sofa, so 2 men would not have to sleep in the same bed, but that would not have been an issue if the room you reserved was available.

A 7pm check in for a 4pm arrival is not good by any standard and I would like to ddiscuss what we can do to make this right. Feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me, so we can discuss a suitable resolution regarding this issue.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Norman Eaton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!