“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Loved this hotel. The suite was perfect for us. We had 2 rooms. One room with 2 queen beds, TV, and bathroom. Other room had sofa, chair, TV, desk, and kitchen. The kitchen had a full size fridge and freezer, dishwasher, oven burners, and microwave. The only drawback in the room I noticed, was the sink area in the bathroom didn't have much space.

The staff was very nice and prompt. We had an issue with the smoke alarm beeping due to needing new batteries, and maintenance showed up within 10 minutes. A great bonus is that breakfast was included. I like the fact that they rotated what was offered everyday that we were there. You could eat in the dining area, or take a tray up to your room. They offer dinner Monday thru Thursday.

My kids enjoyed the swimming pool and there also is a basketball court. The hotel also has grills out by the pool and basketball court.

Another great thing about this hotel, is the location. We were only about 5 miles from the Columbia Mall and there are so many restaurants to choose from.

I would book this hotel again, if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed for two weeks while on an extended business trip. Every room has a kitchenette with full size refirgerator and dishwasher, two burner cooktop and utensils. There is an on site laundry, clean and well lit. Full hot breakfast is included; it does get busy and they did run out of some items on the weekend; the staff worked very hard to provide alternatives. The helpful and couretous staff work very hard and smart to take care of teh guests. Great location off I-95; walk to chain restaurants (TGI Fridays, McDonalds, Bob Evans and Olive Garden); near shopping center (Trader Joe's, Costco, On the Border, Houlihans). Definite thumbs up. Reserve in advance; I couldn't get all the days I wanted. It is a pet friendly hotel; I saw large and small dogs. Thre were no hygiene issues but may not want to stay there if you have allergies.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the outside; the inside rooms face the outdoor pool area, which can get noisy a...
Chester Springs, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The suite was a nice size and comfortable. It was quite and conducive for working. The people working in the hotel were very nice. The dinner and breakfast were not worth the extra price. I thought that this would cover the costs for meals, but it was not edible. Moldy fruit in the morning, greasy food at night.

Lake Villa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Love this hotel and their awesome staff!! Nice location, feels very safe, and apartment like suites that you can bring your pet with. Love the $15 a day pet fee vs. Residence Inn with a $100 or $150 pet fee each stay, which makes it too expensive to stay at for short stays.

Ruther Glen, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Room was not ready to check in until after 7:00pm, when it was supposed to be ready @ 4:00pm. Upon arrival when I trying to check in it was like I was asking for something that I had not reserved. I had a printed copy of my reservation and was told I would need to take another room. I reserved a suite room with a king bed and 2 queens for 3 men. I was offered a double queen room tthat would not work for 3 men, meaning 2 would need to sleep in the same bed... Needless to say after going back and forth with the receptionist we finally got hte room we reserved @ 7:00pm. Very unacceptable

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GeneralManager8320, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at Homewood Suites - Columbia, I want to thank you for your recent stay with us, though it was not a plesant one.

I do apologize for concerns you encountered upon checkin and have made our Front Office Manager,as well as our Executive Housekeeper aware of the situation.

Yes, your room should have been ready by 4:00pm, unless there was a situation beyond our control, which should have been communicated and handled promptly. All of our rooms have a pull out sofa, so 2 men would not have to sleep in the same bed, but that would not have been an issue if the room you reserved was available.

A 7pm check in for a 4pm arrival is not good by any standard and I would like to ddiscuss what we can do to make this right. Feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me, so we can discuss a suitable resolution regarding this issue.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel has a home like atmosphere. The environment was clean and well kept. The staff was helpful and respectful. The grounds were pleasant and within walking distance you could patronize Apple-bee's, Bob Evans and the Olive Garden restaurants. A Gas station was located on the property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GeneralManager8320, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.

On behalf of the staff and management, please allow me to personally thank you especially taking the time out of your busy schedule to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. It really means alot to us and hope that you return back "home at Homewood" soon

I
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I Recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for a business trip. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the area. It was very close to BWI, company buildings and the freeway. Loved have the option of several restaurants nearby for dinner, and the free breakfast. The breakfast folks were very friendly, two gentlemen were managing breakfast while I was there. The Rooms were clean and spacious.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and managment of Homewood Suites, please allow me to thank you for your recent stay with us.

I am excited that you gave us such a good review on Trip Advisor. Also, I am happy that you had the opportunity to take advantage of some of the amenities that we offer here at Homewood.

Also, Anoop and Jeff (the Breakfast Host) were excited that you mentioned them.

Again, thank you for your stay and your review on Trip Advisor, And we hope you return "home to Homewood" soon.

General Mmanager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!