“Always a Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Hyattsville, United States
“Always a Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Every time I stay at Homewood Suites its an amazing stay. Its just a place for my family and I to just get away for a mini vacation away from the outside world. The food is good, the staff is always great. My little ones left a bag of clothes and I did call to see if they had it and they still had the clothes. Once I went to go pick them up their night clothes were washed and their other clothes got dry cleaned without me even asking. So yes its a wonderful place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. It means alot when our guest return "home" .

We look forward to your retunring "home to Homewood"

Take care and travel safe,

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Columbia this past weekend. The hotel is beautiful and the location can’t be beat. Our suite was spacious and clean and had most things we needed to cook in the room. Next time, I will remember a dish sponge and small dishwashing liquid. They supply automatic dishwashing detergent. If you want to do laundry, bring your own detergent because that is pricy, having a laundry room is a great amenity though. The hotel allows pets at a reasonable price and that’s also refreshing because the Residence Inns charge way too much, $75. We did not have a pet along, but there was one across the hall that we heard bark on occasion, so if that bothers you tell the front desk in advance.

The breakfast was very good, with many choices that were kept well stocked throughout the morning. They had scrambled eggs, a breakfast meat, something special – one day French toast, one day biscuits and gravy. In addition – make your own waffles, fresh fruits and oatmeal, plus the usual cold breakfast items.

Our room was laid out well, we had two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The living room is a little tight, but with three large flat screen TVs, no one really cared. You can cook in the kitchen, but there is no oven. There is a microwave, two burner stove, full size refrigerator, coffee maker and toaster.

The hotel is large and spread out. Not all the rooms on each floor are connected. So if you want to access the other side of the building on the same floor you have to go downstairs, walk across the lobby, then take the elevator up to that floor.

The hotel honored our request for a late check-out, which was a big help to us this weekend due to a late appointment in the area. Thanks for being flexible!

Check-in was quick, but this this was my only peeve – Hilton Honors sent me an email a day or two ahead asking if I wanted to check-in online – since we really wanted the 4th floor (I’m a super light sleeper) I took advantage of this offer, though it does say the room assignment isn’t guaranteed…. Well, when we arrive at 4:00, the room we had chosen was not available and there were none available on the 4th floor at all. Disappointing. Another thing I’m going to check with Hilton about is our printed reservation stated our reservation was cancelable up until 4:00 the day of check-in (doesn’t apply to online early check-in of course), but when we called in with a question the day earlier, the gentleman at the desk told us their policy was cancelation 24 hours in advance. I’m curious which one is correct?

The location is awesome – three restaurants and McD’s right across the cul-de-sac, gas station next door, a Trader Joe’s across the main road and a Wegman’s two miles away.

A shout-out to Ebony for her great Customer Service!

We have another trip to Columbia in March and one in June and have already made our reservations to come back to the Homewood Suites, Columbia.

Room Tip: We like the higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Hello,

On behalf of the staff amd namagement of the Homewood Suites - Columbia, would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and especially taking the time out of you busy schedule to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

It is great when our guests are happy during their stay with us. We value you as our guest and want to ensure that everyone has a great expereince while being at their home away from home.

I noticed that there was a discrepancy with cancellation time. It is actually a 24 hour cancellation policy with our hotel, but will check with Hilton to make sure it is stated on our website and printed material. I can see how that can be an issue, especially if one gets charged for a no show.
I do apologize for not having your room ready. It is hard to gaurantee the actual room, but we can gaurantee the room type) unless it is done on-line (E-Checkin), but having to wait for your room at 4:00pm is not our standard at all. I will check with our Exec Housekeeper to find out what happend that the room was not ready at 4:00pm

Also, we do have a Hilton Employee Recognition Incentive at our hotel and will be submitting Ebony's (Ebony Wallace) name based on your comment.

We are awaiting your returning back "home" to Homewood Suites - Columbia.

Albany, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Loved the room. The bed was so comfortable. I felt like I could live in this hotel...It was very peaceful...4 stars hotel if you ask me...Overall It was an wonderful experience will love to stay again....Love the peace of mind

Hello,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. And a special thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We hope that you will return 'back home' soon.

Again, thank you and take care.

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very nice place to stay with well decorated rooms, friendly staff and delicious complimentary breakfast and dinner. The suite was well decorated and supplied and had plenty of televisions to satisfy our family.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GeneralManager8320, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and also a thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review on Trip Advisor.

Please continue to keep us in mind for any future travel accomodations.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Clean, helpful. Great location, surrounded by restaurants and access to main roads and gas station. Spacious rooms, clean and quiet. Having both dinner and breakfast offering was a nice surprise. Fitness center acceptable.

Windsor Mill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the second year to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I love the layout of the suite. I come with 4-5 teenagers. I can have my own room with a deluxe king size bed, while the girls can have their own room with two queen beds. there are two bathrooms, a kithenetter and small living room. There are three large flat screen televisions. The cost even includes breakfast. The staff is extremely plesant and helpful. The has quickly become on of my favorite properties. The location in Columbia is central to many restarants. There are three across the street, so you don't have to drive. Gret Job Homewood!

California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Convenient location near shopping and restaurants. Comfortable bed, nice amenities including free parking, internet, fitness center, breakfast and evening food. I enjoyed my stay, got some work done in the evening and was very satisfied.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!