“Sweet 16 Fiasco” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, United States
“Sweet 16 Fiasco”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean and serves a great hot breakfast in the mornings. However, I reserved a suite weeks in advance, that was given away to accommodate a women's conference. My reservation was replaced, with two separate rooms that were not adjoining, and located in separate places. I was having a sleepover, for my daughter's sweet sixteenth birthday, and having teenagers in a hotel in totally separate rooms was not an option. My daughter was left crying and thinking that her sleepover would, be ruined. After expressing my dissatisfaction, I suggested that I be given a suite of an unchecked in guest, and that they be given the two separate rooms. Eventually, my request was granted. Besides check-in, everything else was great. Hope you have a better experience! Surprisingly, I would go back, if I can be assured that my reservations are honored.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
lavallette, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We've stayed here for a few years. It is close to my family members who don't really have enough room for us to stay. With the separate bedroom and full kitchen, it's just what we need. And, by the way, we were "stuck" there for 8 nights after superstorm Sandy before we continued traveling to our other house with a carload of possessions.

ny, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this hotel as all inner harbor hotels do not comfortably accommodating our family of 5. So, we booked this hotel based on the review. It was right. This is a very nice and clean hotel with shopping mall and restaurants across the street. Even though we need to drive 20 minutes back to inner harbor. The quality of service with the budget for the room is worth for the drive. We will highly recommend this hotel, especially with family.

Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, we found the staff to be friendly and courteous. Very good selection on the breakfast buffet with plenty to eat. we found the rooms to be clean and comfortable with good in room Wi-Fi. The hotel has anexcellent location to shopping and restaurants.

PEORIA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

i was very satisfied with my stay. i cancelled my reservation at another hotel to come back here. The front desk staff was very nice and my room was very clean. it felt like i was living in an apartment away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Marlton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for a short stay. This unit was smaller than previous stays at a Homewood Suite. It did serve our needs and made us feel comfortable. TV sets were a little large for the room sizes. There was no explanation in the room for how the TV controls work and they were very different from our home TV service in NJ.

Burlington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The location is superb - close to Baltimore and yet tucked away in a cozy neighborhood. I like that. And the hotel itself is extremely nice. We got a 2 queen bed suite, and everything was clean, fresh, and up-to-date. We like their pool, their hot tub, and the breakfast is first class. The staff made us feel welcomed - and get this: when my wife left her Chromebook behind accidently - the staff shipped it (nice and securely) to us the very next day! Guess where we are coming back to?

Room Tip: The "suites" have a great kitchen: sink, stove, and a full-sized refrigerator