“Another Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Another Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had another wonderful stay at this hotel. Upon our arrival, the check-in was fast and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were just as I remembered them; clean and well furnished. I will have to agree with some of the other reviews and say that the moving around from the guest above us was loud and seemed as if they were coming through the ceiling at any moment. Overall, the visit to this hotel was just what I expected and I was not disappointed. Will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Avon, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The bed was not comfortable for me (it was on the firm side). It was nicely furnished though. Not so quiet - could hear hallway doors slamming. The breakfast was pretty good, more food than most hotels I've been to. I didn't like that there was NO covered car area at the entrance, because we had to bring in all our luggage in the pouring rain and also their parked shuttle was in our way of being closer to the door. The staff was alright, not clear English in housekeeping. I am visiting the area again and am going with a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Beavercreek, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here twice on business. Both times, I discovered that Big Foot really does exist, and he stayed in the room above me! On my most recent stay, he also had a cold -- I could hear the coughing and nose-blowing.
Aside from the noise from the room above me, this place is pretty wonderful. The suites were very pleasant and accommodating with nice amenities. The bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows. The suite had 2 large flat-screen TV's. Wireless internet worked well. Breakfast includes hot entrees as well as cereal, yogurt, breads, etc. They even have free dinner in the lobby!
NOTE: The hotel does not have a liquor license.

Room Tip: I will ask to stay on the top floor next time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Normally this is a great place to stay. This last stay, not so. A desk clerk called at 6:00 AM insisting that I come down and pay my bill immediately. Considering that I had a) paid when I checked in and b) my credit card was on file, I found this ludicrous! After several back and forths with desk clerk, she finally gave up. Needless to say I was so annoyed, I couldn't go back to sleep so she pretty much ruined my hope of some additional sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and must apologize for the major inconvienece that this issue caused. It is not something that is frequent at our hotel and I promise to investigate this issue with the Front Office Manager and find out why an employee would badger a guest regarding a financial matter. That is what our management team is for.

I ask that if you are in the area again, please allow us to make this up and give you the quality service that you and your family deserve.

If you have any questions of concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me directly.

SIncerely,
Evans, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My sister, cousin and friend along with my 2 grandsons arrived at the hotel at 9:30 and was allowed to check in. I had to be in court for a hearing and was allowed to check in early. I appreciated it. The accomadations were very relaxing and comfortable. When I come to Maryland again with my family this is the perferred hotel. I give it a GOLD STAR.

Room Tip: My suite was on the second floor and my sisters and I enjoyed the fact that we could all be in 1 roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Wilhelmina C,

Thankl you for choosing HWS - Columbia for your recent stay. I am glad we were able to accomodate you and your family not onlyu with an early checkin, but also with relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.

I pray all went well with the hearing and truly hope to see you back "at home" with us soon.

Thank you for such a favorable review and please take care and we will hold on to the "Gold Star"

Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights but we were not in the room enough to use the kitchen area or any hotel amenities, so I can’t comment on those. The bed was very comfortable. The only negative about our stay were 4 (2 each morning) round, gray bugs on the outside (luckily) of the shower curtain, each about the size of a dime. Slow moving and easy to kill. We did not see any other bugs in the room during our stay. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, but if you want other options, you will have to drive.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Crimson12,
I must say that is a fitting description based on the comment (smile).

On behalf of the staff and management of the Homewood Suites Hotel in Columbia Maryland, I want to thank you for your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay, but I also want to address the bug issue This area, along with many othere areas in maryland have been biothered with "stink bugs". These bugs are more of an annoyance and are harmless. We do everything we can to ensure a clean, safe and bg free environment. Our pest control company is checking at least 15 rooms a month to ensire we do not have any pest issues, but for some reason these "stink bugs" are uncontrollable. W have and continue to monitor.the situation closely and are going through rigorous treatments, and vacuumings. And it appears that they love the sunny side of buildings and trees.

Again, thank you for your positve review and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I didn't stay here long. We just needed a break on a road trip with our pup. We're not used to visiting such clean, well-priced hotels with our pup, so this was a great stop.

The rooms are large, including two televisions and a kitchen stocked with necessary utensils and serving options.

This room was worth much more than we paid for it: amazingly, the rates were competitive with Red Roof Inn, even though these rooms easily outclass them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear ohjc,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Please, whenever you are in the area again, we wouild love to have you stay with us a little longer (hint, hint)

Please take care and continue to enjoy the Hilton Brand of Hotels for your lodging needs.

Norman Eaton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!