“Clean, Comfortable, Nice perks; Just wish it were a little quieter!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Clean, Comfortable, Nice perks; Just wish it were a little quieter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here twice on business. Both times, I discovered that Big Foot really does exist, and he stayed in the room above me! On my most recent stay, he also had a cold -- I could hear the coughing and nose-blowing.
Aside from the noise from the room above me, this place is pretty wonderful. The suites were very pleasant and accommodating with nice amenities. The bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows. The suite had 2 large flat-screen TV's. Wireless internet worked well. Breakfast includes hot entrees as well as cereal, yogurt, breads, etc. They even have free dinner in the lobby!
NOTE: The hotel does not have a liquor license.

Room Tip: I will ask to stay on the top floor next time.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Normally this is a great place to stay. This last stay, not so. A desk clerk called at 6:00 AM insisting that I come down and pay my bill immediately. Considering that I had a) paid when I checked in and b) my credit card was on file, I found this ludicrous! After several back and forths with desk clerk, she finally gave up. Needless to say I was so annoyed, I couldn't go back to sleep so she pretty much ruined my hope of some additional sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your recent stay with us and must apologize for the major inconvienece that this issue caused. It is not something that is frequent at our hotel and I promise to investigate this issue with the Front Office Manager and find out why an employee would badger a guest regarding a financial matter. That is what our management team is for.

I ask that if you are in the area again, please allow us to make this up and give you the quality service that you and your family deserve.

If you have any questions of concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and ask for me directly.

SIncerely,
Evans, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My sister, cousin and friend along with my 2 grandsons arrived at the hotel at 9:30 and was allowed to check in. I had to be in court for a hearing and was allowed to check in early. I appreciated it. The accomadations were very relaxing and comfortable. When I come to Maryland again with my family this is the perferred hotel. I give it a GOLD STAR.

Room Tip: My suite was on the second floor and my sisters and I enjoyed the fact that we could all be in 1 roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Wilhelmina C,

Thankl you for choosing HWS - Columbia for your recent stay. I am glad we were able to accomodate you and your family not onlyu with an early checkin, but also with relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.

I pray all went well with the hearing and truly hope to see you back "at home" with us soon.

Thank you for such a favorable review and please take care and we will hold on to the "Gold Star"

Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights but we were not in the room enough to use the kitchen area or any hotel amenities, so I can’t comment on those. The bed was very comfortable. The only negative about our stay were 4 (2 each morning) round, gray bugs on the outside (luckily) of the shower curtain, each about the size of a dime. Slow moving and easy to kill. We did not see any other bugs in the room during our stay. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, but if you want other options, you will have to drive.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Crimson12,
I must say that is a fitting description based on the comment (smile).

On behalf of the staff and management of the Homewood Suites Hotel in Columbia Maryland, I want to thank you for your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay, but I also want to address the bug issue This area, along with many othere areas in maryland have been biothered with "stink bugs". These bugs are more of an annoyance and are harmless. We do everything we can to ensure a clean, safe and bg free environment. Our pest control company is checking at least 15 rooms a month to ensire we do not have any pest issues, but for some reason these "stink bugs" are uncontrollable. W have and continue to monitor.the situation closely and are going through rigorous treatments, and vacuumings. And it appears that they love the sunny side of buildings and trees.

Again, thank you for your positve review and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I didn't stay here long. We just needed a break on a road trip with our pup. We're not used to visiting such clean, well-priced hotels with our pup, so this was a great stop.

The rooms are large, including two televisions and a kitchen stocked with necessary utensils and serving options.

This room was worth much more than we paid for it: amazingly, the rates were competitive with Red Roof Inn, even though these rooms easily outclass them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear ohjc,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Please, whenever you are in the area again, we wouild love to have you stay with us a little longer (hint, hint)

Please take care and continue to enjoy the Hilton Brand of Hotels for your lodging needs.

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Nice 1 night stay with family. We were traveling with a dog and love that they are pet friendly. Having a separate bedroom is always nice for both parents and kids. The rooms here were a bit smaller than other Homewood Suites, but still nice. The building design is interesting and the walk from the lobby to our room seemed long, but the exercise is helpful. All service was tremendous including letting us begin breakfast 10 minutes early due to our schedule for the day which included getting our oldest to an early morning sports event. If this hotel is in proximity to your plans, it is the best value in the area!

Room Tip: Some rooms have longer walks than others.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello JonC1973,

I must apologize that this response is getting to you so late, but thank you for your favorable comment.

On thing that does set us apart from the others is that we are affordably per friendly and our different room types are a plus. It was not our intention for you to walk so far, but if you do come back, have the Front Desk to put you closer. The walk can seem long, especially with the pattern of our hallway carpet (smile).

Again, thank you and we hope for your return soon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Easy on and off th freeway, great access to many food options very close by from olive garden and bob evans to red robin and longhorn. Good clean rooms, we had the two bedroom king rooms, attentive service. There is nothing bad about this place. Did not try the dinner here, we got in to late, but the menus looked fine. Location seems very safe.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hey Don-in-Tampa,

On behalf of the staff and management of Homewood Suites - Columbia, thank you for such a wonderful review of your stay.

It means alot to use and I do apologize for my response being late.

We hope that you can return back and get the opportunity to experience our complimentary breakfast, dinner, etc.

Thank you and hope you can return home soon.

SIncerly,
Norman Eaton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!