“Very relaxing and comfortable-give it a GOLD STAR.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Evans, Georgia, United States
“Very relaxing and comfortable-give it a GOLD STAR.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My sister, cousin and friend along with my 2 grandsons arrived at the hotel at 9:30 and was allowed to check in. I had to be in court for a hearing and was allowed to check in early. I appreciated it. The accomadations were very relaxing and comfortable. When I come to Maryland again with my family this is the perferred hotel. I give it a GOLD STAR.

Room Tip: My suite was on the second floor and my sisters and I enjoyed the fact that we could all be in 1 roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Wilhelmina C,

Thankl you for choosing HWS - Columbia for your recent stay. I am glad we were able to accomodate you and your family not onlyu with an early checkin, but also with relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.

I pray all went well with the hearing and truly hope to see you back "at home" with us soon.

Thank you for such a favorable review and please take care and we will hold on to the "Gold Star"

Norman Eaton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights but we were not in the room enough to use the kitchen area or any hotel amenities, so I can’t comment on those. The bed was very comfortable. The only negative about our stay were 4 (2 each morning) round, gray bugs on the outside (luckily) of the shower curtain, each about the size of a dime. Slow moving and easy to kill. We did not see any other bugs in the room during our stay. There are a few restaurants within walking distance, but if you want other options, you will have to drive.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Crimson12,
I must say that is a fitting description based on the comment (smile).

On behalf of the staff and management of the Homewood Suites Hotel in Columbia Maryland, I want to thank you for your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay, but I also want to address the bug issue This area, along with many othere areas in maryland have been biothered with "stink bugs". These bugs are more of an annoyance and are harmless. We do everything we can to ensure a clean, safe and bg free environment. Our pest control company is checking at least 15 rooms a month to ensire we do not have any pest issues, but for some reason these "stink bugs" are uncontrollable. W have and continue to monitor.the situation closely and are going through rigorous treatments, and vacuumings. And it appears that they love the sunny side of buildings and trees.

Again, thank you for your positve review and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I didn't stay here long. We just needed a break on a road trip with our pup. We're not used to visiting such clean, well-priced hotels with our pup, so this was a great stop.

The rooms are large, including two televisions and a kitchen stocked with necessary utensils and serving options.

This room was worth much more than we paid for it: amazingly, the rates were competitive with Red Roof Inn, even though these rooms easily outclass them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear ohjc,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Please, whenever you are in the area again, we wouild love to have you stay with us a little longer (hint, hint)

Please take care and continue to enjoy the Hilton Brand of Hotels for your lodging needs.

Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Nice 1 night stay with family. We were traveling with a dog and love that they are pet friendly. Having a separate bedroom is always nice for both parents and kids. The rooms here were a bit smaller than other Homewood Suites, but still nice. The building design is interesting and the walk from the lobby to our room seemed long, but the exercise is helpful. All service was tremendous including letting us begin breakfast 10 minutes early due to our schedule for the day which included getting our oldest to an early morning sports event. If this hotel is in proximity to your plans, it is the best value in the area!

Room Tip: Some rooms have longer walks than others.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello JonC1973,

I must apologize that this response is getting to you so late, but thank you for your favorable comment.

On thing that does set us apart from the others is that we are affordably per friendly and our different room types are a plus. It was not our intention for you to walk so far, but if you do come back, have the Front Desk to put you closer. The walk can seem long, especially with the pattern of our hallway carpet (smile).

Again, thank you and we hope for your return soon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Easy on and off th freeway, great access to many food options very close by from olive garden and bob evans to red robin and longhorn. Good clean rooms, we had the two bedroom king rooms, attentive service. There is nothing bad about this place. Did not try the dinner here, we got in to late, but the menus looked fine. Location seems very safe.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hey Don-in-Tampa,

On behalf of the staff and management of Homewood Suites - Columbia, thank you for such a wonderful review of your stay.

It means alot to use and I do apologize for my response being late.

We hope that you can return back and get the opportunity to experience our complimentary breakfast, dinner, etc.

Thank you and hope you can return home soon.

SIncerly,
Stillwater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Another nice stay at Homewood suites. From check in to check out a pleasure. This property is clean, quiet and has a better than average breakfast. I would recomend requesting a room on the fourth floor as in the past I have had a problem with noise from rooms above. Hotel is located close to 95 but is in a culdesac with good restaurant choices around it. No road noise problems at this property.

Room Tip: Top floor and as always request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I used to stay here a lot for business, but I hadn't for about a year until last week when I stayed for just one night. It was just as nice as it was before: the staff was helpful and friendly and most I recognized from before; the room was great and bed outstanding; the dinner served was extremely good and the breakfast was good.

The only negatives, which were the same as my complaints last year, were horribly slow wifi and a terrible TV channel selection.

This is definitely my favorite hotel in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!