“Great spot for traveling through” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Tampa, Florida
“Great spot for traveling through”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Easy on and off th freeway, great access to many food options very close by from olive garden and bob evans to red robin and longhorn. Good clean rooms, we had the two bedroom king rooms, attentive service. There is nothing bad about this place. Did not try the dinner here, we got in to late, but the menus looked fine. Location seems very safe.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hey Don-in-Tampa,

On behalf of the staff and management of Homewood Suites - Columbia, thank you for such a wonderful review of your stay.

It means alot to use and I do apologize for my response being late.

We hope that you can return back and get the opportunity to experience our complimentary breakfast, dinner, etc.

Thank you and hope you can return home soon.

SIncerly,
Norman Eaton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Stillwater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Another nice stay at Homewood suites. From check in to check out a pleasure. This property is clean, quiet and has a better than average breakfast. I would recomend requesting a room on the fourth floor as in the past I have had a problem with noise from rooms above. Hotel is located close to 95 but is in a culdesac with good restaurant choices around it. No road noise problems at this property.

Room Tip: Top floor and as always request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I used to stay here a lot for business, but I hadn't for about a year until last week when I stayed for just one night. It was just as nice as it was before: the staff was helpful and friendly and most I recognized from before; the room was great and bed outstanding; the dinner served was extremely good and the breakfast was good.

The only negatives, which were the same as my complaints last year, were horribly slow wifi and a terrible TV channel selection.

This is definitely my favorite hotel in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

A group of us stayed at Homewood Suites the weekend of Wine in the Woods 2012. They offered complimentary busing to and from the event. The rooms were very clean and the complimentary breakfast was very good. We will continue staying here for this event every year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and a special thank you for such a wonderfu l and positive review.

I am excited that you enjoyed Wine In The Woods, which is an anual event here in Columbia and look forward to your return in 2013.

BUT, you dont have to wait till WITW 2013, we will be happy to have you anytime (hint, hint)

Again, thank you and Happy New Year!!

Norman Eatron
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Very comfortable and quite room. Lots of space, and a good desk to do my work from. Hot and fresh breakfast in the morning. I arrived too late to take advantage of teh managers evening reception, but the menu looked great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glen Allen, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. It is an excellent hotel. I only have good things to say about it. Great rate. Very convenient - close to 95 and not far from BWI Airport. A bonus is that the hotel is located in a 'restaurant park' that has a McDonald's, Bob Evans, Applebees, and a TGIFridays that you can walk to. Our room was a large queen suite and was perfect for my husband and me and our 20 something daughter. The room had a sleeper sofa and a full kitchen. Room was super clean. Hotel was very quiet. Staff was friendly. The free breakfast is another bonus. Breakfast was very good and included fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, breads. waffles.... and there is a large nice room for eating. We will definitely stay here again. Thanks Homewood Suites, Columbia, MD

Room Tip: The first time we stayed here our room had a separate small bedroom, smallish sitting area with a sl...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your return visit to our property!!

It really means alot when we are able to hit the high mark which has been placed on us, our guests. We are happy that you returned and hope you return soon.

Please have a Happy Holiday Season and come back to see us soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I read great reviews about this hotel but so far I am not at all pleased with the service. Staff at check in was less than friendly. We asked about the shuttle service & were told that is was offered for up to 5 miles, however when we returned to the lobby ~5 min later we were informed that they just ended the service at 9pm. I frequently travel with work and am always pleased with Hilton brands but the service at Homewood leaves much to be desired. My husband was also disappointed with the very slow elevator.

• Stayed December 2012
NormanE45, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Daer MDgirl2012,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for your recent stay at our property. However, I must apologize for the (unusal) poor service you encounted while here.

It is true that our complimentary shuttle runs within a five mile radius of the hotel, but I am not sure why our service was discontinued at 9:00pm, especially since there was no inclement weather that would hamper driving conditions. I will follow up witht he Front Desk to see who was working at this particular time.

Our elevators were just inspected during the first week in December 2012 and was noted at operating within the normal speed guidlines. We will have our Chief Engineer to follow up on your husband's comment.

Given these two items, I hope that the rest of your stay was satisfactory and if you are in the area again, may you allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Norman Eaton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia? Share your experiences!