“Great location , very helpful staff...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great location , very helpful staff...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn the last week in July. Despite being very crowded and giving us a late check in, everything was top notch about service and people.
We needed a rollaway cot and received one about 10 minutes after we called.
Cool little restaruant around the corner with options within walking distance..
Perfect location for Meriweather post attendees... short drive back to room!!
We will be there next year when we find out our show dates.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
mendham, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

we reserved a room that was not held for us as promised and the bed quality is poor the management realized the mistake but could nothing to resolve it being the hotel was booked solid no discount no remedy no free breakfast no return visit!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Moon Township, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Need breakfast included in the price of the room No comment No comment no comment no comment no comment Adding more information makes me want to cancel the survey. Why the 200 hundred characters - need to have someone really take a look at this requirement

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I felt that this hotel had everything we needed. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, we had complimentary internet access, etc. It was also located close to many restaurants and shopping centers. The only thing that was missing was the free breakfast but to be fair not many things are free anymore. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I would give this hotel at least 4 Stars if it wasn't for their restaurant. The location is good, the rooms are good, and the front desk staff is great. I have stayed here several times and I have tried to be patient with the restaurant, but I give up to the point that I will book at another hotel next time I am in Columbia.

I would recommend that the property owner or GM send in a mystery shopper to eat breakfast and dinner there. My experience with service on both has been bad. The reason I stay at HGI is too have a quick meal, but I could have driven 20 minutes to a restaurant for breakfast or dinner and it would have been quicker.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The use of foam beds being used are very hard to sleep on and the ability to move around in bed was difficult. The beds are molded due to previous use of customers. I have brought this up in previous trips to this hotel. I'm am being asked at the end of my trip "How was everything" but my complaints seem to be accepted without any action or promise to make it better next time. I'm a gluten for punishment since I have experienced this issue on 4 occasions at this hotel. Additionally the thermostat appears to have the air conditioner run where the temperature gets very cold before shutting off. Additionally the vent air is pointed towards the top of the bed. Hence cold air falls on you while sleeping. I did not expect anything to be done to the bed while I was there but on subsequent visits nothing changed nor noted on my account with Hilton. I know its difficult to accommodate everyone but some specific dialogue with me would be helpful when I return to the hotel asking for tolerance before any changes are made to the beds. That would exceed my expectations. At least then I would know they are thinking about some sort of correction in the future if not the present.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

No Name Key, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Awesome front desk staff very friendly and accommodating especially the overnight staff coming in late from the phish concerts they were very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was good also. Will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!