“Ok, not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Montreal, Canada
“Ok, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Four of us (family) were passing through the area looking for an overnight stay. Hotel is relatively new and clean, and reasonably close to highway. Double beds proved problematic for sharing! Pillows were very soft and thin. Decent amenities in bathroom. Room was frightfully cold but warmed quickly. Breakfast at 10.95 per person seemed high, along with $2 charge per cup for Keurig coffee in room. Trouble at check in as I had booked through another online site, made a change to reservation, but hotel had not received updated info so check in took 40 minutes. Front desk was seemed quite disinterested in helping address situation. Next time will absolutely choose similar options in area that offer queen beds and are closer to shopping and more meal options.

Room Tip: Avoid room 217. View consists of a rooftop air conditioning unit!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The room had a lot of light and a nice view! The internet service was fast. The pool was big enough for four of us to enjoy. The room was ready and clean. Supplies are of quality. Beware that breakfast is not included in the price though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

PROVO, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

In addition to the overcharging for breakfast, the heater/cooler was loud and had a mild mildew smell when we used it as a cooler (which was only once), we turned the refrigerator all the way up and it still wasn't very cold, room was not impeccably clean (mostly the carpet--dust bunnies) which is certainly what I expect from a Hilton, the entry doors slammed shut, both lamps were very difficult to turn off/on, and, lastly, I'm pretty sure my opal necklace with diamonds was taken. The last time I saw it it was on the dresser. Had I remembered it was out on the one day we had housekeeping come in I would have put it away. And, had I realized it was missing before we checked out I would have reported it missing. On the positive side, staff was very polite and helpful, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spotless, the hallway always smelled wonderfully clean, the lobby was very nice. But I would rather have a really nice room than a really nice lobby as my room is where I spent 99% of my hotel time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed overnight at short notice and hadn't pre-booked, but the concierge, whose name was Wayne, was happy to accommodate. Wayne is an earnest and very welcoming young man and recent university graduate who will undoubtedly excel in whatever he tries his hand at. It was very late and I was wiped out, but there are some people who radiate something that lifts your spirits, and Wayne is one of them. The lobby, elevators, hallways were all spotless and so was my room. The bathroom came up to my high expectations and the towels were impossibly white and fluffy. The bed was perfect, Keurig in the room with coffee and tea K-cups, microwave and small fridge.

Only cons:
1) Add Equal and Splenda to the choices of sweeteners. Saccharine is seriously dated. I don't understand hotels that only have the "pink stuff." Is that still the most popular sweetener in the U.S.? I doubt it.
2) There was some issue with the toilet flush--for a few flushes the water was brownish, but it cleared.
3) Talk about a rude awakening: for some reason the fire alarm in my room began to blast at 7:30 a.m. No, there was no fire, nor was I burning popcorn in the microwave (before you ask.)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had the most amazing hotel experience of my life. After my fiancé had a lenghty hospitalization, we needed a place to rest since we are from North Carolina. Delila was the lady that took my reservation, checked me in and made sure I had the extra pillows I requested, and checked me out. The bar staff, restaurant staff, and even the lady who brought the food to my room… all were so very kind. I cannot say thank you enough for the pleasant experience. I would definitely stay again if every in the area. Thank You Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

My overall stay at this hotel was great! I would definitely stay again. It was reasonably priced and offered great value and various amenities onsite. The made-to-order breakfast was really nice, and the staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel is ideally located to many shops and restaurants, including a big shopping malll. The one thing I was disappointed with was the comfort of the bed...the mattress springs were noisy and seemed worn down, and the pillows had no fluff at all, however, the room was very clean and quite spacious.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Lincoln, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room over the phone and used Hilton Honors points to pay for it. Hotel employee on the other line was not friendly and seemed like she didn't know what she was doing. Upon checking in they tried to charge me for the room and I refused stating that I had already used HH points over the phone. The front desk attendant admitted to me that she was there by herself as the manager left her alone on her first day. While consulting with someone over her cell phone she tried to fix the reservation however stated that I would have to make the reservation online or call Hilton Honors. This was a huge inconvenience as it was already 9:00 p.m. and my family just wanted to go to bed. After speaking with Hilton Honors myself I had the reservation changed and was finally able to check in. There was no reason why the front desk couldn't have done this for me. The rooms are nice however misleading on the website when it states "2 Double Beds, queen sized beds". The front desk attendant told me that they were queen sized beds however they are not. Very dissatisfied!!!

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!