“T-Rex” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Pittsburgh
“T-Rex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were there for a soccer tournament. While that didn't go well, the stay at the hotel made it convenient to the fields and we were able to unwind after each game and relax at night. I would definitely stay there again. The value was great. The rooms were great. The staff was extremely helpful. The overall experience was fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nashville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having stayed at this facility several times and had no problems, I was surprised to experience poor front desk clerk interaction, lack of training, a broken "HVAC" in my room, and a less than great breakfast selection. I travel 60 plus hotel nights a year and often stay in HGI's. This facility needs some managerial/owner attention. You should never have a front desk clerk be unfamiliar with the request, "Do you have an upgrade for a Honors Diamond member?" Outdated, old style thermostats belong in outdated, older facilities and I can't help but think that possibly the thermostat was the reason our HVAC did not work properly and we had to change rooms late in the night. Finally, most HGI's have a great breakfast with lot's of selection, but this one seems to be scaling down the offerings: wheres the tomato juice? where's the biscuits and gravy? wheres the granola choices? where are fresh doughnuts? where are fresh fruit choices outside of the standard cut pineapple/melon bowl? Also; while this is not the only place it happens, if a breakfast waitress expects a tip, I expect them to interact with the customer as much as possible, filling your glass, bringing items to the table as requested, and, asking "can I get you something else?" The attendendants were friendly and helpful, but not particularly attentive to the handful of customers eating breakfast. Do you want a tip or not?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Shawnee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've now made this my "regular" stop when I have to travel to our branch in MD. I get a consistently-clean room, and the staff is always very friendly and helpful. They do appear to have made some changes to the breakfast offering this last trip out… but in the grand scheme of things, I was still able to get my bowl of oatmeal, so all was good !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed at hotel the night of my wedding (which was local) in a King Suite room. The hotel was actually very accommodating and made sure the room was ready by 9am the day of the wedding (instead of checking in at the normal 3pm) so that the bridal party could get ready there. Hotel receptionists were very nice and the hotel was very clean. The only downside to the room I was in was that the thermostat control was one of those really old slider ones and it was located in the front part of the room... there were not any controls by the bed to adjust the temperature so I was a bit hot that night.

Also, my wife and I signed a contract with the hotel many months before the wedding for our out of town guests. Leading up the event, however, were many issues because the Sales Director that we had signed our contract with was fired. The hotel then proceeded to lose our contract and never confirm the event so when guests tried to call to make a room reservation they were told that there weren't any rooms left (when there were over 20). I had to make many calls to the hotel with complaints about this and had to do a lot of extra work myself (which I was trying to avoid). They even lost a few guests to other hotels because of the hassle. In addition, I was told when I signed the contract that hotel breakfast is free for all guests but then my guests were told that it cost $12/person. Had to call and complain the day of my wedding and then they very nicely comped everyone's breakfast the day after the wedding, which in my opinion is the least they could have done.

Supposedly they just upgraded their hotel right after the wedding so prices went up a lot. I would not recommend the hotel to other friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The HGI, Columbia is a good hotel with all the advertised amenities. The fitness center lacks free weights, but has every else. Good dining at Victoria's Gastropub is within walking distance. Many other restaurants are within a 5 minute drive. Down Baltimore is a 15 minute drive. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love Hilton Garden Inn's but this hotel is a little dated. Mattresses are a little old and bedding is not the same as some of the Hilton's in other cities. Breakfast was $10.00 per person. It was okay, but would choose another hilton to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tom W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We have just completed the Lobby and Restaurant renovation. We have a new look. The rooms will be scheduled next. We have recently added the Keurig coffee makers to all guest rooms to continue to enhance our guests experience. I do hope when your travels bring you back to Columbia you stay with us. Thanks for your business.
Hampton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. No complaints! We are a family of 4 & had plenty of room to spread out. We were there for a wedding so we didn't get to use any of the amenities but it all appeared very welcoming. We have family in the area so I would definitely go back & choose to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tom W, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, We have recently renovated the lobby area and are constantly looking at ways to continue to provide the service and hospitality we are known for. We appreciate your staying with us and hope you visit us again soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!