“Great Hotel/Unknowledgable Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Olney, Maryland
“Great Hotel/Unknowledgable Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. The room was great. But I had a problem with checking in with an unreasonable long line wait, the pre order romance package I had paid for was unknown to the staff, and even though I had a coupon from the hotel for 2 free breakfasts I was still charged full price. I did not complain because I was on my anniversaryy and did not want to ruin my weekend with my wife. As nice as the hotel was I probabaly won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I checked in on a Saturday evening and was greeted by two young ladies. From check in too the end of my stay the front office staff were amazing. The only down fall to my stay was we went down for breakfast at 945 am with a large party and the chef says we close at 10. Ok check you watch and serve us. This person should have never opened their mouth and needs to never inform a guest until its after closing time. You are hired to cook. The interesting part was there was 2 other guest seated in the dinning area

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

When I'm in the Columbia area, my boyfriend and I stayed here previously because we liked to walk to Victoria gastro pub and the pool/hot tub was quite nice... However, this time we went to the fitness center and it was a mess! Was very disappointed because everything else was great. Both treadmills didn't work, there was trash and empty plastic bottles every where and used pool towels hanging on all the equipment and no cups for the water. I think the only electronics that worked was the tv...

• Stayed July 2013
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I arrived at the hotel quite early and I was able to check-in with no problem. The hotel staff was very friendly and quite helpful. I had a suite (included a small kitchen area) which was very spacious. And the bathroom was quite large. Although I did not partake in the buffet breakfast, friends told me it was quite a nice variety. All-in-all, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very clean and staff are professional and friendly. Convenient to Baltimore without staying downtown. Nice area with plenty of stores and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel. I checked in a little early and this was not a problem at all. Which I appreciated greatly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed ovetnight after baseball game and selected B&B package. The "restaraunt" was woefully understaffed both for waitstaff and the kitchen. None of our ordered meals came at the same time; almost everything ran out (orange juice, coffee, hot water for tea, milk; oatmeal; all the precooked items). Of course, the waitstaff started clearing up exactly at closing time so heaven forbid you needed something for your meal received 5 minutes prior to closing because it took them 25 minutes to take your order. Save your money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was a good lacation. Service was agreeable as well. Will return if the need arises. The breakfast period to 11am was something I did not find acceptable. Iswould prefer the flexibility to order breakfast throughout the day, if so deemed needed. Arrival at 11:05 to obtain breakfast and was turned away unsatisfied. I though we could have been accomodated, but it didn't appear to be a willing option. That was the only blip to an agreeable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!