“One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Richmond, United States
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Was able to secure a very early check-in without any problems. Staff was courteous and efficient. Room was very quiet. Very nice considering we were only there for a one night stay but would definitely stay additional nights once the opportunity arises. Just wish their pillows weren't so soft and more of them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Lebanon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stay was very frustrating and removed much of the enjoyment or our mini vacation on Father's Day. My guaranteed room was not available. I was sent to someone else's room at 11:30 PM. Upsetting them and me. My reassigned room keys were constantly deactivated. The beds in my room were not what I had contracted for. It was difficult to obtain a refund. I still do not have check as promised. I travel frequently and this leisure trip pleasure was greatly reuced due to this Hotel's management.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed overnight at the Columbia Hilton Garden Inn. I had a very good experience. The checkin process was quick and the staff were very professional. The room was clean and spacious. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Noth Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed a couple nights ago at the Hilton Garden in Columbia, MD. I was there with my oldest son's soccer team playing in a tournament in a nearby town. The tournament had booked us rooms at another hotel about 30 minutes away which was not nearly as nice as the Hilton Garden Inn. When our team advanced to the finals for one more day, we were very pleased to be able to make the move to the Hilton Garden Inn. It was very comfortable. There were two things which would have made the experience even better. First, I am so accustomed to having a free breakfast provided at the hotels at which I stay, I forgot to ask the question when I arrived. I was a lttle surprised when I was charged for my breakfast because the front desk receptionist did not mention this when I checked in. My fault for not asking, but it would be good for the front desk person to mention that there would be a charge for breakfast when she told me the hours that breakfast would be provided. Second, because we didn't know that we would need an additional night until after we won the semi-final game that day at 5:30pm, we were unable to make a reservation. We had called ahead and had been assured that there were ample rooms available should we need them. We showed up about 7pm and there were 6 families that needed rooms. Four of us had to wait 30 minutes until our rooms were prepared. This is the first time I have encountered rooms that needed to be made up at 7pm. The room was comfortable, but I wished that we didn't have to wait 30 minutes at 7pm for it. Other than that, the hotel was very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Better than the average HGI due to staff attitudes and responsiveness. The American Grill had a small staff but an enthusiastic staff producing excellent breakfast items and very good dinner items. Was upgraded to a suite which was very nice. The property was good for walking for exercise and there were plenty of places nearby for dinner and shopping. Nice outdoor deck to enjoy when the weather is nice. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Bathroom was clean - toiletries provided were nice (including Scope). There was a refrigerator in the room which was very nice. Bed & pillows were comfortable. Pool was nice. Great location next to lots of good places to eat. No noise problems.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The location and layout of the hotel was just fine. The staff were both most courteous and helpful. The breakfast arrangement would be better as a buffet, where you select "what" and "how much" immediately, on your own. Of course "free" would be even better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
#2 of 12 in Columbia
4.5 of 5 stars 311 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!