“AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, it was affordable, clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The room was clean, I stopped at the bar to get a drink and enjoying it while relaxing in my room. The next morning I had breakfast downstairs and was very pleased with the staff. We were there with our 20 month old son and they were very attentive to our needs, plus the food was great. The staff was extremely helpful to us, I am actually looking forward to going back to this hotel for the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. Great Stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I recently had to stay in Columbia, MD for a business trip and couldn't stay at the hotel I wanted because they were booked. My second choice was this hotel since I am a Hilton Gold Member. I stay at a lot of hotels on business and I am accustomed to staying in nice accomodations. Well, this facility was horrible. I was never greeted at the front desk as a "Gold" member (which is part of their deal to make you feel appreciated). In addition I was given a nasty room that smelled so bad I almost threw up. I got in late and I was extremely tired. Finally at 2:00 in the morning, I couldn't stand the smell any longer and physically went down to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. The front desk clerk (male) was very snippy and told me "sorry mister, we're all booked up and I can't move you." When I told him I was a "Gold Member" he didn't care one bit. I told him I was going to check out in the morning and not stay the other three nights because I couldn't tolerate the horrid smell. He said, "that's your decision." The next morning when I was eating breakfast in the hotel before I checked out, the hotel manager just happened to walk through the dining room and asked me if everything was okay. I explained about the smell in my room and that I was checking out early because they couldn't or wouldn't move me. He apologized and said, "of course I can move you we have plenty of other rooms I can put you in." He was surprised that the front desk clerk didn't do so the night before. Also, when I checked out four days later, my bill was not accurate. I had to fight with them to get them to bill me for the correct amount. This hotel is not what I am used to for a Hilton facility and I definitely will NOT be going back.

Room Tip: Room 210 is a cesspool. If you sleep in that room you'll die!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Sometimes it's hard to rate hotels on a overall level. This is one of those hotels. This is an average hotel with clean rooms and in a safe area. However it is older and had some issues like are coffee maker didn't work and the door handle was loose. The wifi is very hit and miss. It is so bad I have to write this on my mobile phone because I can not get connected.
There is a Mcdonalds across the street as wells a Dunkin Donuts. There's also a restaurant downstairs, but breakfast is $10 dollars a person.
It is located only 20 minutes out of baltimore and the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. The bottom line is if you are at Hilton regular you will be disappointed. However if you're looking for a clean hotel that is average this one will do.

• Stayed May 2012
southernsurprise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at this property for a wedding back in December. The hotel is really nice. Not to big, clean and bright. The flowers in the front are pretty and the rooms are nice. All rooms are suites, so there is a living room, bar area (Microwave, sink, and mini-fridge) bathroom and bedroom. The sofa in the living room pulls out into a sleeper sofa. The breakfast was expensive (as is in all hotels). The location is great...off major interstates and highways. Would stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I got the romance package here last weekend and everything went great. We were allowed early check-in and late check-out as well as took advantage of the buffet style breakfast. The indoor pool/whirlpool area was clean and quiet. Staff was nice and the location was convenient too (check out Victoria's pub and bistro). Oh! and the chocolate covered strawberries were a (yummy) sweet touch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We were visiting family in Baltimore/ and DC for the weekend. We found this hotel convenient, clean and comfotable. We had a large quiet room with several amenities including free wi-fi and refriderator. The front desk were friendly and helpful. There are a good variety of eating establishments within walking distance or a short drive away. The hotel is only about 15 minutes easy drive from the airport. We didn't use the indoor pool and hot tub but it seemed clean and warm. We would, certainly, recommend this hotel as providing value and a good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed here several times and it never disappoints. Clean comfortable rooms and a friendly staff. The workout room leaves something to be desired. The breakfast was very good and relaxing but the guy who was cooking could use some help. Overall I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!