“Love the atmosphere, beer and the food is getting better!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Columbia, MD USA
“Love the atmosphere, beer and the food is getting better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been going to Frisco for a long time. First for the burritos when it was carry-out. Then to the restaurant for food and beer. We now like to go to the new tap house and brewery for the beer and dinner. The food used to be so, so. However, it is improving. Last time I went I had the sea bass and it was splendid. The piece of fish was small but it was very tasty. I think if they increased the size of the main dish....it would be perfect. The salads are way too small to be a meal in itself. But if they increased the size of them....they would also be a perfect meal. It think this place has improved and is making a good effort to do so. BTW, the humus is the best around - just wish they wouldn't charge me for extra pita - it should come with more than 4 pita....perhaps 6 or 8....just a suggestion. But, it is delish!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Severn, Maryland
“THE place to go in Columbia for beer...bar none!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Frisco, how do I love thee, let me count the ways...beer...beer...beer...beer....

Beer: phenomenal selection, very eclectic and ever-changing. 50 rotating taps, including two cask selections and (usually) a nitro beer somewhere in the mix. No Bud on tap. Ever. And, I am but four beers away from joining the Century Club...score!

Food: Pub grub designed and cooked by a chef...very tasty, very diverse...from Fajitas to Pad Thai to (my favorite) a most awesome pastrami sandwich. The homemade corn dogs (kielbasa in pale ale batter!) are to die for. The only weak links in the menu I've found are the burgers. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they're just not right...seem a little dry, a little bland...but there are so many other great options on the menu that I'm never disappointed.

Bartenders and waitstaff. Emily and Mike are our "go-to" folks on this front. Awesome folks, the both of them! They know their beers like no other beer servers I've met and they're both nice enough to recognize us and say "hi" when we come in...kinda like "Cheers." One drawback to Frisco, though: the service at the tables is seriously challenged. I'm not sure if that's where they assign the beginners and you move closer to the bar the better you get (eventually ending up behind it!), but we make it a point to sit at the bar or the long fest-table. We've actually decided, based on past experiences, to stand and hover near the bar if faced with sitting at one of the tables as the only option.

BTW, this is not a place to bring your kids...they'll just annoy those of us trying to enjoy good beer and conversation. Leave them at home. Thank you.

So, Frisco gets four stars...reduced from a five due to the table-staff...and the fact that the name is "Frisco," which no self-respecting native San Franciscan could ever approve of.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Try somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Noisy, mediocre food, lack of parking is how I would describe the place. There is a large board of beer selections that shows alcohol content but no prices. There are no written copies of the beer selections with descriptions. The wait staff was no help in describing them. Sure I can access the beer list on my smart phone but I shouldn't have to do my homework. Isn't that the restaurant's job to advertise?

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
baltimore
“Great Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

So many beer draught choices....and better than average pub grub. The restaurant is in a non-descript office/industrial center. But once inside you'll quickly notice that it is a beer haven.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Wide Beer Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a really nice low key bar, with a very wide micro brew beer selection. The food is quite good as well. The service was great, they make good recommendations about beer. The only downside is the parking is very limited

• Visited November 2012