“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 227 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Odenton, Maryland
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was my second visit to Corner Stable and I enjoyed it much more than my first visit. I ordered the crab cake and ribs platter. French fries were fabulously delicious! The crab cake had a huge 1 inch chunk of backfin crab meat in it and the other hunks were quite sizable and it was perfectly prepared. I wasn't crazy about the original BBQ sauce and the ribs were very small. Our service was great and the restaurant temperature was much better than last time. My husband had the Chili, Rueben and chips combo from the lunch menu which is served every day 11-3. He said the chili was pretty bland; needed seasoning. The sandwich was good and he enjoyed his fries as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, Maryland
“Ravens football, good friends and great place to have a beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went to the corner stable Thursday night to watch the final ravens preseason game. There were about ten of us. The bar had a good crowd for the game. Chris was the bartender. He was very attentive and was very knowledgeable about all of the craft beers they have on tap. We ended up just getting several appetizers during the game. Their barbeque stable wings were very good. We had loaded nachos which we were told just got put on the menu. Outstanding and definitely loaded. We also had a couple of orders of sliders. The atmosphere was nice. 25-40 year old crowd. Looks like a neighborhood crowd. The waitress told us about the game day specials. So were looking forward to a return trip to hang with the ravens fans

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Great ribs and crab cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The ribs were so tender they actually fell off the bones. I ate them with a fork and did not get my hands dirty. That was a first for me in eating ribs anywhere. And the ribs were really tasty. My brother had the crab cake. It is a 1/2 lb. affair on a Kaiser roll. He loved it. In fact he plans to take his wife there soon and I definitely will return. I should add that we were there for lunch.

Our waitress was professional, courteous,and friendly. Our orders were handled expertly and our bill was fair.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CornerStable, Manager at Corner Stable, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much! We appreciate your review and hope to see you in again soon!
Ellicott City, MD
“Lousy service + bar food just ok = not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Yesterday, I joined a group of friends for Happy Hour in the bar; one person had arranged for about 30 of us to arrive. When I got there shortly after 5 p.m., another group of about 15 was there, my group had about 10 at that point, and there were 3 staff tending the bar and the room in general. I was quickly advised by friends at one of the tables that the wait staff was not emerging from behind the bar to take orders and that I needed to go there to be waited on. That meant leaning around patrons seated at the bar. After doing that but not being served, I snagged a waiter as she served food near my table. Because the last time I ordered Old Bay wings they were so coated they were in edible, I asked for the seasoning on the side. They arrived with a salt shaker of the mix; the top was clogged inside so I had to take the top off to get any out. The wings were otherwise unseasoned, and there was half a small plastic container of blue cheese dressing. As my waitress went by a few minutes later, I asked for napkins since none had arrived with my food nor anyone else's at the table. I finally got up, went to the bar, and got them myself. Others were arriving and also not getting served. Two of the staff were talking to each other behind the bar, ignoring customers repeatedly. One of my friends ordered the crab balls. For $12, 4 small ones arrived on a very wilted lettuce leaf, without the tartar sauce requested. She asked 3 times before the waiter brought -- blue cheese dressing. When snagged after quite an effort, he asked her if she was sure it wasn't tartar sauce. By that time her food was cold. I gave up and went to the bar to pay my tab. It took forever to be waited on while the waitress draped herself over the cash register and had a lengthy conversation with the waiter at the far end of the bar, where she returned while I signed my chit. I had to chase her down to give her the receipt because I wasn't going to leave it in reach of other customers.
By the way, I called for the manager around 7:15 p.m. to complain. He told me he would have the bar manager return my call. It's mid-afternoon of the next day; I'm guessing they don't care.
The Timonium location is a Baltimore icon. This one is a travesty.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dear Ma'am,

My name is Lindsay and I am the Bar Manager here at The Corner Stable in Columbia. I'd like to take a moment to apologize for the lack of attention and service you were shown during your visit. I'm so sorry that I did not know you had called and that I did not get back to you. Your unhappiness is certainly warranted given the service you experienced, and I will certainly address these issues with my staff. We appreciate constructive criticism as an opportunity to grow, and I'm grateful for the chance to work with my staff to ensure that these types of behavior do not happen again. If you could please get in touch with me at your earliest convenience, I'd be happy to discuss the issue further and see what I can do for you. Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Lindsay Mattos
Bar Manager, The Corner Stable in Columbia
(240) 755-0188
cornerstable@gmail.com
Odenton, Maryland
“it's pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Atmosphere: it was ok. Hot food (NOT) It was a humid evening so the A/C was a must but the fans going full blast made our food inedible by the time we were halfway done because it was cold. Note: I was a server for many years so I do understand the A/C issue, however, asked several times after we were seated to turn down the fans because many of the people around us were also quite chilled.

FOOD: The Sliders: Loved the BBQ, the crab cake was 'eh', bbq chicken was average. My daughter had the burgers and they looked good. Son in law had the cheese steak and he raved about the softness of the bun as well as the deliciousness of the meat & cheese inside.

SERVICE: was excellent. Drinks were kept filled and our check was promptly dropped off; returned with change quickly as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere