“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 225 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Jessup, Maryland
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I used the Corner Stable as our rehearsal dinner sight. It was a wonderful experience. Not a traditional "fancy" style, but that is not what we were going for. The crabcakes and ribs are absolutely amazing.

Visited January 2013

Laurel, Maryland, United States
“Always Love this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been to The Corner Stable about 9 or 10 times down here in Columbia. I love the Ribs they Just fall off of the Bone. No need to ask for them Wet. Juicy and Great. The Crab cakes are the Best price I have seen in a while. Being out of season they get very pricey but not here. The drinks are Awesome. Always good to find a place that can make almost any drink. The Sports Bar is something that I haven't experience. I plan to go with a few friends just to go and hang out. Great food, and love the Service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Anybody who knows BBQ Ribs will hate this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For anybody that went to the "old" corner stable and you have never been to their new outpost - you will be disappointed. The ribs clearly seemed to be braised and a little color put on them - before serving - by throwing on a grill, flat top or something. They clearly are not what the Corner Stable sued to turn out. They are tender - just about as tender as ribs you would cook (covered) in the oven or in a crock pot and grilled for broiled or a few seconds to give some color. Really, this is wasted calories and money 'cause they just are not good ribs if you are accustomed to real BBQ. They also slather the sauce on after they plate them so it is not the type of rib that gives you "sticky fingers". The sides are deplorable - very average, overly sweet cole slaw - flaccid fries and their blooming onion - honestly - was the WORSE I have ever had - it was like an uncooked dough coating the inside and the onion was almost RAW. It was almost comical since good blooming onions you can pull apart - this one you had to "saw" with a knife and fork. We complained about the onion - to no avail. The servie4 was just so juvenile and incompetent. Never even tried the crab cakes - wouldn't dare. It is really a shame since back in the 90's the corner stable - at is original location - was a prize. I don't know what happened but don't waste your time. There are some other good places for ribs and "!Q" in the Baltimore/DC area. If you want fair to poor food and don't mind paying for it - this is the palce for you! FINAL SUGGESTION: Wake up owners - fix the food and train your staff - return the Corner Stable to it's glory days!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pipestone, Minnesota
“Comfort Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My sister loves this place, as she frequents it during the MD State Fair and a few other times during the year when they're in the area. She is a rib freak and me not so much, I like ribs but I wouldn't die w/o them! She said we had to eat here when I was out for a visit and we were in the area because they have awesome ribs and crab cakes. So I agreed (even though this was day 2 of my trip and I had already had crab cakes at 2 other places previously...oh well in the Midwest we can't get Maryland crab cakes!) We each got the 1/2 rack of ribs and a crab cake, they were both awesome! This crab cake was completely different than the other 2 places I had eaten them at (who knew there is more than 1...well actually 3 ways to make a crab cake!) it was huge lumps of crab meat and hardly any "filler"....a little more lumpy than I prefer but still VERY good!

We both had Mac & Cheese as on of our sides along with brocolli and apples. The mac needed some salt, it was a little blad, even for this midwesterner, apples were goood and so was the broc!

Would highly recommend ribs and crab cake here! You can't go wrong :) And come hungry or you'll end up taking over 1/2 of it home!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Blah food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ordered pit beef sandwich (advertised as the specialty) and hot turkey to go.

The pit beef was dry and the sauce lacked any zip at all - more of a sweet tomato sauce than barbecue sauce.

The hot turkey sandwich consisted of a single thin, dry slice of turkey with tasteless gravy on the side.

Neither sandwiche worth near $9.00 each.

Fries which accompanied the pit beef were pretty good.

In the future I'll get my barbecue from on of the many good roadside trucks or Famous Dave's.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere