“good ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Corner Stable is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 222 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Eden Brook Dr.
Transit: Howard County Transit
Description: The Corner Stable is a long standing tradition for great food and great service. We are family friendly and can accommodate larger parties and business events. We are known for our Fall off the bone Baby Back Ribs and Colossal Lump Crab Cakes and include many other great items. We also offer a full bar with over 20 Draft beers and a wide selection of premium spirits and house infused vodkas. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“good ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

One of our favorite restaurants for ribs. Generally not a lot of waiting time later on a Saturday evening. Although the place is always full.

Visited December 2012

Columbia, Maryland
“Neighborhood Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've been to the Corner Stable at least 6 times. Besides being so convenient, the food is consistently good but level of service varies. On our last visit Kyra was our server and she was the best so far. Very friendly and attentive without being annoying! Great smile, too!

Despite having been told by the management via another review site that I can request substitute for French fries on the "specials," at no additional charge, I have to practically beg every time for steamed broccoli or veggies instead of the fries. Hey, if I'm ordering a broiled crab cake, chances are I'm watching what I eat! If they can become more accustomed to and tolerant of those crazies like me who really don't want French fries, it'd be much happier experience!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“second visit, upgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went back to Corner Stable because we still had some credit left on the gift card. Our previous visit was only fair, and if it were not for the gift card we would not have gone back.

This time, they did a much better job than on our first visit. My wife had a burger and fries. The fries were decent, in direct contrast to our fist visit. I had a crab cake and half rack of ribs special. I substituted onion rings for the fries. The onion rings were quite good. The crab cake was excellent -- generous size and large lumps of crab with only enough filler to hold it together. It was lightly broiled. I ended up eating all of it and saving the ribs to take home for the next day. They were also quite good, albeit with more sauce than I would have liked. The sauce was of the slightly sweet, smoked flavor that is pretty common. If we go back, I'd order the ribs dry rub with some sauce on the side. I also wish that they had half rack of ribs on the dinner menu -- but the waitress said they only do that on the lunch menu.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fallston, MD
“Great night out with friends with great service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Had a great night with friends at corner stable. Food and drinks was amazing. Ambiance and food great. Very clean and Jess our waitress was phenomenal, even tho we came in late. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edgewood, Maryland
“My new favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went here the first time in October and now I am hooked. Our waitress was excellent she was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food. The food is delicious. Some dishes are a bit pricey but others are pretty reasonable and comparable to other restaurants. I get hungry just thinking about going here. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2012