“What a wonderful experience!!! Felt like I was welcome as a king or celebrity ;-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Taj

Colebrook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Wow!!!

I'm very impressed...

I really love Indian food and this restaurant really deeply impress me...

I arrived early, before the restaurant even open... I was welcome with open arms... A server took my coat, I was welcome by the owner and 6 servers... Can't hardly ask for more...

The ambiance was fantastic! Very calming and soothing music... Not too loud... Very comfortable and very very clean restrooms...

Delicious papadam with usual 3 sauces were on the table which I really enjoy (I was starving!!!)

As appetizer, I took the Vegetable Pakora... Delicious!!! Then the owner came discuss with me and felt he was so proud and accomplished of his restaurant... He offered me a complimentary glass of wine (what a nice touch and greatly appreciated after a long day...).

Then I had the Mutter Paneer also excellent... I'm vegetarian so I tried to avoid meat when possible on the road..

They also offered me a Gulab Jamun for dessert... Small, light and highly delicious!!!

It was the perfect meal experience and I really did enjoy it....

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Burtonsville, Maryland
“Excellent indian cuisine and service at Royal Taj”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is our 4th or 5th time visiting the restaurant for dinner. Really good indian cuisine and broad selection on the menu. The staff is also excellent, very attentive and prompt. Judging by the long line at the door, their reputation in the area is well known. The Maitre'D even came by and offered my wife a complimentary glass of wine to go with her dinner, did not expect that but its a welcomed gesture of hospitality.

The room lighting could be a bit brighter as I could hardly read the menu but that's a minor problem.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing Indian Food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I saw that this restaurant was rated #1 by Tripadvisor in Columbia, MD, so I decided to try it. I ordered some food for carry out. Everything I got was so tasty and well made. I was born in India and know what good Indian food tastes like, and this food is excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cockeysville Hunt Valley, Maryland
“FOOD ALLERGIES?.....ROYAL TAJ CARES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The meal that I was served was beyond excellent! DEFINITELY FINE DINING/SERVICE. I was unable to enjoy the choices on the buffet due to food allergies. The owner/staff were most patient/caring and made a genuine effort to help me to be comfortable and trust in their abilities to prepare a delicious meal for me. Although I've traveled nationally/internationally by land, air, and sea, I have been disappointed on several occasions, at the unwillingness of many food service providers to be truthful about ingredients and preparation. However, the Royal Taj, whose owner/staff were dedicated to upholding their standards while considering my food choice challenges, far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who would like to feel that the staff can be trusted to remember to eliminate those food items that might cause an allergic reaction. DELICIOUSLY GREAT MEAL!

Severn, Maryland
“I can see why Royal Taj is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I wanted to try something different for a Friday date night meal. So I checked on TripAdvisor to see which restaurant we could go to. Even though I was not a fan of Indian food (originally) and my husband loves it, we decided to check out this restaurant since was rated #1 on the TripAdvisor website. OMG! Everything was the best! From the service, the food and the restaurant decorum! I love Indian food now. I got the Lamb Do Piaza and my husband got the Lamb Tikki Marsala with plain naan and garlic kulcha. The meat was so tender! For the Appetizer, we had the Meat Samosas. Everything was delicious. We will be coming back again and again. My husband loved my date night choice!