“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Love Royal Taj... their buffet is soooo delicious and quite varied. I try to go here every time I am visiting family in the area. I absolutely love their food. While I usually prefer ordering a la cart at restaurants, I prefer having the buffet here. I feel their a la cart menu is quite expensive, but with the buffet, they really do go all out and it is at a great price.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic service, great food.... worth calling ahead!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I have gone to this restaurant several times for dinner (with and without friends). The food has always been good, but the service is really what keeps us coming back. The staff remembered us on our second visit and always make a point to make us feel welcome; almost like a friend.

I can't say that I was ever a fan of Indian food, but it's not hard to find something tasty on the menu. Great appetizers, entrees and interesting deserts. Drink selection isn't the most expansive, but we've never gone thirsty.

Advice: CALL AHEAD!! Every time we've gone there (during the week, Friday nights, weekends) it is always busy with a line of people waiting. Times that we've forgotten to call ahead, we've had to wait approximately 30-45 minutes. The dining room is small and waiting area even smaller. So, call ahead.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I took my wife to Royal Taj for our anniversary. I had heard good things but we had never been there before. The meal was delicious and was definitely the best Indian food, I have had in the area. Even better than the food was the service, we felt welcomed from the moment we walked in. The waiters were extremely attentive and helpful. My wife was offered an extra glass of wine on the house and we were brought a small dessert at the end of our meal. Overall, it was a great experience and we will surely return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, Maryland
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Royal Taj is the best Indian restaurant in the area. The food was wonderful and delicious. The service was exceptional and our order came out very quickly. The atmosphere and environment was very cozy and nice. We were even offered a glass of wine on the house for having to wait longer than 20 mins on a friday night. But the hospitality of Bindha Singh was what made the experience the best. He made you feel welcome and like an old friend. My wife and I will definitely be back. One of our new favorite places in Columbia.

Columbia, Maryland
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wonderful food in a local strip mall. Excellent service. Everything fresh and well prepared. Welcoming to new and old guest alike. Lunchtime buffet delightful.

• Visited October 2013