“Great Indian Food in Columbia Maryland” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Maryland
“Great Indian Food in Columbia Maryland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

You can't go wrong for great Indian food. Buffet is fantastic. Service great. You will have a wait on a Friday or weekend night but it is worth it. This is a place you don't expect in a suburban restaurant. I seem to have repeatedly ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala because it is soooo good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbia, Maryland
“Rude Host Ruined Dining Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and a friend tried the lunch buffet on Friday, July 5. The restaurant was crowded but the host was unexcuseably rude to out friend. We had a bit of a wait, and when she enquired how long the wait was he loudly replied that there were others in front of us and that he couldn't jump us in front of them. She didn't ask for us to be jumped over the others, just how long the wait would be!
It set the tone for the rest of the meal. The food is good, but there is not much variety in the buffet. The restaurant was crowded and the tables are all jammed together. With everyone eating from the buffet, one is constantly be jostled while eating. All in all, not a relaxing dining experience.
Are whole party was in agreement: we would not recommend and will not go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good punjabi food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had their lunch buffet today and every dish I tried was tasty. Special mention goes to the aloo tikki,punjabi kadhi, aloo baingan and fish curry.
They were really busy for Sunday lunch but pleasant service.
Great to have an indian restaurant offering authentic flavor options.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, Maryland
“Best Indian food in Columbia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've eaten in all the Indian restaurants in Columbia MD and this one is by far the best. I went for during lunch and had the buffet. Everything, I'm not kidding everything, was really good. The presentation was good. It was all at the right temperature and seemed to be seasoned just right. The restaurant was clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. This was honestly one of the best restaurant experiences I've had in a while. I highly recommend Royal Taj.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Wales
“Fantastic authentic Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

When my hosts suggested that we go to an Indian restaurant in Columbia, I dind't quite know what to expect. What we got was authentic Indian dishes, cooked using fresh ingredients and prepared according to the tastes of each individual guest (mild, medium, hot or Indian hot). I've eaten at many Indian restaurants and I can honestly say that the food at the Royal Taj is the best I've tasted!

Only slight criticism - I love classical music but it doesn't really help with the ambience of an Indian restaurant. Authentice Indian instrumental music would be nicer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere