“Good punjabi food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good punjabi food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had their lunch buffet today and every dish I tried was tasty. Special mention goes to the aloo tikki,punjabi kadhi, aloo baingan and fish curry.
They were really busy for Sunday lunch but pleasant service.
Great to have an indian restaurant offering authentic flavor options.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Columbia, Maryland
“Best Indian food in Columbia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've eaten in all the Indian restaurants in Columbia MD and this one is by far the best. I went for during lunch and had the buffet. Everything, I'm not kidding everything, was really good. The presentation was good. It was all at the right temperature and seemed to be seasoned just right. The restaurant was clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. This was honestly one of the best restaurant experiences I've had in a while. I highly recommend Royal Taj.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Wales
“Fantastic authentic Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

When my hosts suggested that we go to an Indian restaurant in Columbia, I dind't quite know what to expect. What we got was authentic Indian dishes, cooked using fresh ingredients and prepared according to the tastes of each individual guest (mild, medium, hot or Indian hot). I've eaten at many Indian restaurants and I can honestly say that the food at the Royal Taj is the best I've tasted!

Only slight criticism - I love classical music but it doesn't really help with the ambience of an Indian restaurant. Authentice Indian instrumental music would be nicer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MD
“Awesome food, Awesome Host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

the Good,
ample parking, easy to find, very clean, awesome service, did i say that the food was amazing? as with many other indian eateries this is a vegetarian's heaven. when we got there there was a line, the host came and promised to have us seated in 10 mins and sure enough we were seated in 10 mins enjoying good food.

the BAD:
the only down side is that this restaurant has limited space inside, you cannot miss the feeling of being overcrowded.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Go out of your way for this Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Been here twice. The first time was with a colleague who highly recommended it, and we had the lunch buffet. That was fantastic. The second time was just yesterday with my wife for dinner on the way home to Virginia. She never had Indian food before. We both were wowed by the experience. The food and service were perfect. Price is very reasonable. Staff strives for and achieves perfect service. Go here for fine Indian dining. You don't find may places like this, and I don't give many places 5 stars.

• Visited May 2013