“Good no frills” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8890 Stanford Boulevard, Columbia, MD 21045   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Columbia
“Good no frills”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Getting better with renovations. Noisy guests. Comfortable bed and good basics for a small studio room with kitchenette. Lots of closet space. Noisy air conditioning, but kept the room cool. Good for quick business trip.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear your have enjoyed our efforts to refresh our rooms. Your feedback is extremely helpful during this process. I apologize for the noise and air conditioning issues , we will certainly take care of it as soon as possible. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Beltsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I been staying here for two weeks for business and its been great very quite and relaxing.The staff has been great especially michelle and vicky. I would highly recommend this extended stay to anyone thats staying for a short or long time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Daniel - Thank you so much for your most positive review of our hotel. I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed a relaxing stay. As well, it is great that Michele and Vicky went out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

We look forward to your continued stay and any other stays you may have in the future.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

It hardly looked like a studio space because the designer at Extended Stay America at Columbia Corporate Park, Columbia, MD, brilliant laid out the functional spaces -- kitchen, bedroom, TV viewing room and bath/dressing room separately in an "L" design. The effect was to transform the "studio"(the French call it a "pied a terre"--big enough for one foot on the ground)--into a spacious hotel room.

A king sized bed dominated the pleasantly sunny bedroom. Windows, wrapped around the exterior wall of the room, opened onto the smart landscaping Columbia Corporate Park is noted for. The kitchenette was clean and tiny and amply stocked for light dining.

Kudos to the technology of the hotel. The WiFy responded to my touch, heating was perfectly regulated and with a small nudge the TV faced my bed at night and the sitting room recliner during the day.

I was greeted warmly by Vicki on my arrival and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in my studio, surrounded my every amenity I could want for well under ninety dollars. You can't do much better than this on the road today.

Room Tip: Take a chance with Extended Stay America
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for such a glowing review of our hotel. I was so pleased to see that the staff went above and beyond to make you feel right at home. We look forward to seeing you in the future as you visit Columbia, MD.
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Extended Stay America, Columbia Corporate Park Feb, 2013. The staff, especially Michele, were friendly and helpful and seemed interested in how our visit was going and if we needed anything. The hotel was quiet and clean, for the most part. The carpet and furniture and the shower is in need of updating and cleaning, but inspectors came around taking measurements in preparation for renovations. We were happy to hear that, since the lounge chair really had that "homey" look--as if it came from Frazier's dad on TV. The shower and tub did not look clean. It looked as if someone had begun to clean the soap scum and abandoned the idea. There was a rusty "trough" in the center of the tub where the water pooled. This slanting toward center made it tricky to turn around. I almost fell a couple of times. We did not mind that there was no housekeeping, since we prefer not to have intrusions while we are in a hotel. There were ample towels and washcloths and we were able to get clean sets at the front desk when needed.There appeared to be too much furniture which made it difficult to pass someone sitting in the lounge chair to get to the bed area. The TV could not be seen from the table--would have been better to place it on the wall where they had the lounge chair and it could be seen from anywhere in the room. If they update the rooms and clean or replace the shower and furniture, we would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our property. I was glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to our update to the property and for you to return to check out our refresh especially to the bathrooms
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

One of my employees spent two months here in the fall of 2012. I decided to give it a try based on his recommendation. I ended up here for 8 days and can tell you that the staff was courteous and helpful. They spoke cheerfully upon my daily return and were earnestly interested if everything was OK with my stay. In particular, Missy & Chris, were extremely accomodating throughout my stay.

The actual property could use some updating and the defered maintenance is a factor. I had problems with the HVAC system on a couple of occasions. I recognize that the caliber of this property is not a top drawer hotel and thus my expectations were less than what I would normally expect. The staff has no control over facility maintenance however their enthusiastic attitude did much to make my stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review on our property. I was please to see that the customer service you experienced help you to enjoy your stay. We look forward to working with you and your company in the future.
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and was very reluctant to stay again but I decided to give this hotel another chance because I was told that they were under new management. The hotel was very clean. It was very peaceful and the staff was great. The gsr Katherine was wonderful and friendly. The general manager was very helpful as well. I would recommend this hotel to my other co-workers as well as family members. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay with us. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

From the reception area and the hallways, you would like that this is a nice hotel. Well looks are deceiving. Nothing deluxe about this hotel. The electronic door lock card only works one in every ten insertions - same with replacement card. The bath tub was dirty and the clothes closet was full of crumpled newspapers. Bed linens are cheap, cheap, cheap and worn. The design of the studio rooms is poor - the work desk is located such that your head is about 3 ft from a cheap noisy refrigerator. No place to store the kitchen garbage bin under the sink, you have to leave it in the open. I can hear every footstep the occupant of the room overhead of me makes. Finally, and this is a first for me, I was ordered to "come straight down to the front desk" when I arrived back from work on the first day of my stay as they claimed I had only paid for one nights stay. No apology offered, even when pressed for one, when they reluctantly produced the paperwork which clearly showed five days.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, get room on uppermost floor so that there is no occupant above you.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The cleanliness and lock issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be reviewing these items with the team. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at @ 410-872-2994. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park? Share your experiences!