“Great front desk staff but...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8890 Stanford Boulevard, Columbia, MD 21045   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Columbia
massachusetts
“Great front desk staff but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. When I first walked into the hotel, it looked very clean, neat, smelled nice and the front desk staff were over the top helpful and friendly. Unfortunately, the state of my room did not reflect or mirror my first impression of the hotel. The room itself was just okay. I wasn't expecting to be staying at a 5 star resort but is it too much to ask for a working wall clock and floor lamp...as well as sufficient lighting in the sink area? Also, I requested a smoke free room but the room and towlels smelled as though someone had been smoking there. But it was the appearance of the bathroom that really set the tone for the remainder of my stay. If a hotel bathroom looks like it's been neglected/not cleaned properly, I have a tough time relaxing in the bed. There was visible mold/mildew on the ceiling and that wonderful pink bacteria (pseudomonas aeruginosa) on the bottom of the shower curtain which is easily removed when washed properly. Maybe it was just my room (#114) that badly needs a good cleaning/freshening/coat of paint but I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't use room #114.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel makes it a home away from home. We are here for weeks at a time and the staff is so helpful with anything we need. The rooms are clean and kept up.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Extremely nice front desk staff. Clean rooms. Nice property. Any problems are taken care of ASAP. Hotel could have more TV channels. TVs need to be updated.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The rooms are clean and well taken care of, and if there are any issues the staff are on it ASAP! The staff is well versed in their jobs and help to accomedate any needs that you may require. As I enter the front door and pass by the front desk I always get a warm hello! Fresh coffee in the mornings and muffins are a great add to your stay; especially if your in a hurry. Brenda, Marty, Ben, Jen, along with the maintenance and housekeeping are efficient and on point when it comes to their jobs, and I would gladly stay again and again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The staff is what makes this place a home away from home. Brenda, Marty, Michele, Ben, Jen and cant forget the maintenance Damon and the housekeeping that clean my room Maria. The rooms are cleaned and well maintained, if I have any problems they are quick to get it resolved. I like the coffee bar as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Annandale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed here on business. The room looked grubby, the carpet and bedspread had cigarette burns. If you absolutely have to stay here for 1 night it is OK but I would not want to stay of any longer period. On the up side, the front desk staff are extremely nice and very helpful.

Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The bed are extremely uncomfortable and my back now hurts. The maids don't speak english so when I went to ask her for towels I have to grab them myself. The people at the desk are rude and don't care. We have been staying here for about a month.. The first room we were in, the a/c went out, and the room we are in now... the a/c is leaking water all over the floor. So the floor is soaked, and it totally stinks in here. The maintenance man came in and said he fixed it, but no, he just vacuumed all the water up. We went today to ask for a different room since this one has water all over the floor and stinks and they are saying our first room we stayed in being trashed, when it is NO where being trashed, and they are being very rude. So we will probably be leaving. Oh and also, there are little bugs flying around all over in both rooms we've been in. The internet sucks, and is really slow and keeps going out, along with their satellite tv.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Corporate Park? Share your experiences!