“Very comfortable and accomodating!!” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Very comfortable and accomodating!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Honestly this two and a half star feels more like a three star. I come to the area often but this is my first time staying at this Hampton inn. As soon as I arrived the staff was very polite and energetic, the standard room was more like a studio minus the kitchen with very comfortable bed and spacious bathroom. The location is perfectly placed in a peaceful and very quiet area right next to a boutique restaurant with great food an environment. although the continental breakfast here is very satisfying there's also a bob Evans within walking distance. I would of liked to see a bigger gym but I was able to get an invigorating workout with the equipment provided. I had the most fun in the huge indoor pool that was open until 10:00 PM, I recently stayed at the Palomar hotel in DC and their pool closed at 8:00PM so it was nice to have the flexibility that the extra two hours provided.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
It was great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the entire staff looks forward to your return. I am so glad you loved the pool and enjoyed the entire facility and accommodations. We love taking care of our guests so please come back and see us again soon. You are much appreciated here at our hotel! We just loved having you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Greenville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited Baltimore for the first time and enjoyed it more than I expected. Hotel is 20 mins from downtown, GPS works well with all surroundings, 3 mins to great choice of restaurants. Helpful staff and nice downtown harbor area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It was great to have you and your family here. Check out Howard County when you return as there are many wonderful events scheduled throughout the year. If there is anything we can ever do for you when your return, please let us know and it will be our pleasure to do so. Have a wonderful week ahead.
Raleigh, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel for business on a weekly basis. As a Hilton Honors Member, I try to stay within this chain. I have never been unhappy with a Hampton Inn until I stayed at the Hampton Inn at Columbia MD. The housekeeping services left much to be desired. The sheets weren't changed during my 4 day stay. There was garbage left in the room, ice bucket left leaking on nightstand with empty soda bottle left inside it. The iron did not work (problem getting ready for work)! The worst part of my stay was leaving with more than 15 bug bites that I didn't come in with. I have yet to stop itching since I left the place. Never again will I stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest:

It was our pleasure to have you here and I do apologize you encountered some issues not typical of our hotel. It was a pleasure to speak with you this week and I appreciate the time you took to discuss your stay with me. In addition, we did request our National Pest Control Agency to come out and inspect your room and the room was cleared and nothing was discovered that would have caused your bites. We can send the final report as well. We wish we would have been afforded the opportunity and informed of your challenges while you were here as we definitley would have made sure any issue you might have been facing was resolved immediately. We hope you come back and see us again soon and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here as a family July 24-26. We loved this hotel. The rooms are very spacious and clean and feel very new. The bathroom is huge! The staff was super friendly. In fact, we found everyone in Baltimore that we interacted with extremely nice--which we don't always expect the more "east" we travel. (Probably a little unfair to the east coast...) Breakfast is set up nice with so many options. There a lots of places to eat within a short driving distance. The kids of course loved the pool, which is nothing special, but a pool is heaven to the rugrats, so they were completely entertained. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
It was just a pleasure to have you here and please come back and see us again soon! We love taking care of our guests and if we can ever do anything to enhance your stay with us, please let us know and it will be our pleasure to do so. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia.
East Meadow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning and the end of our vacation. The place is beautiful. The rooms are large and clean. The staff is amazing. They are so knowledgeable about the area. There was not a place that I needed to go to that they were not able to give me directions without having to look them up first. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We loved having you here and thank you so much for the great review! We are committed to making sure our guests know how to get around the area when they visit us and giving great directions is really important as we know. We are all so glad the staff really connected with you while you were here and we all look forward to your return. If you ever need anything at all when you visit us again, just let us know and it will be our pleasure to accommodate. Have a great upcoming weekend!
St. Paul, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Clean, bright lobby; clean, comfortable room- new mattresses, fresh carpeting, pleasant odor, sparkling-clean bathroom, good climate control, very quiet, well-lit, and hotel was on a quiet street; helpful staff; good breakfast; excellent value!

Dear Janice K:

Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you and we are all so delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a great value. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and again, we so much appreciate your patronage.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Overall, it was a pleasure to stay at the Hampton....very family oriented, very clean, comfortable and safe....loved the complimentary full breakfast and my family really enjoyed the pool. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
What great news to hear you really enjoyed your stay with us. We are all so delighted you enjoyed the breakfast and the indoor pool and it was our pleasure to be of service. We are all a family here at our hotel and we really want our guest to feel like they are at home they visit us. I am so glad you choose us and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thank you for your patronage and have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!