“An exceptionally pleasant experience,” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Milltown, New Jersey
“An exceptionally pleasant experience,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying at this Hampton Inn was an especially pleasant experience due to both the wonderful staff and the very comfortable and clean accommodations. The extra little things that the staff did showed that they truly care about their clients. The wonderful customer service here added a nice plus to our visit to Maryland. My wife and I would recommend this Hampton Inn to all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
It was certainly our pleasure to have you here and the entire staff wanted to say a BIG THANK you for choosing our hotel. We are all so delighted you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you come back and see us again soon when you are in the area. If there is anything we can ever do to enhance your stay even more when you return, just let us know. We are here to serve! Have a wonderful weekend and we all look forward to your return!

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I normally do not write these reviews , but in all of my travels throught out the Northeast that i do .The Hampton Inn at 8880 columbia 100 parkway has the most profesional all around people .To name just 2 off hand (Joe chief engineer as well as Usamesh front desk)
The rooms have been neat and clean.This hotel is in a very central but quite location which gives a feel of home

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hi Jim S:

It was wonderful to have you stay with us and the entire staff wanted to say a BiG THANK you for choosing our hotel. Joseph and Usamah wanted me to convey to you they were so glad they could help in making you feel at home while you were here! We know traveling is not easy sometimes and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we will always strive to make Hampton Inn Columbia your home away from home the next time you visit us again. Please come back and see us again soon as we all look forward to your return!
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The place was great! Spotless and very customer service oriented. Free breakfast was outstanding !!! Great pool (handicap accessible) and water was nice and warm. Well done center with TV. They gave us a free upgrade to a suite.

Room Tip: Ask for: Away from elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Eyelikeibuy:

It was great to hear from you and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and you encountered a friendly and accommodating staff. We know a warm heated pool and hot breakfast is important to our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed both! That's what we work hard for every day and we love to hear when our guests love our hotel and the service we provide. We all here at Hampton Columbia want to say a big THANK YOU for staying with us and please come back and see us again soon! You are much apprecaited here and all of us look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a very good experience here. This hotel is in a newer suburban setting with office buildings and condo and town homes in the direct vicinity. The grounds were nice and kept free of litter as we drove in and parked. Check in was easy and courteous.
We walked into the room and it was nicely furnished. We had a king sized bed with nightstands on each side. There was a sticky note posted on the headboard which read something to the effect that the sheets and comforter were clean for our arrival. The room was nicely decorated. Amenities included a coffee pot, refrigerator and microwave. It also had a 3 cushioned full couch which could be turned into a sleeper bed with a large comfortable foot/sitting stool in front of it in lieu of a coffee table. An LG flat screen (analog) was fairly large and had a good picture and sound.There was a desk and chair. The carpet seemed nice and up to date. The bathroom was nice as well. It had the rounded shower pole for more room and no ugly caulk around the shower/bath tub combo. The sink area was the open vanity type with a framed mirror. It was attractive and the bath overall was clean. They provided ample towels, washcloths and hand towels.
We only encountered a few employees. The desk clerks were nice and polite. The lady taking care of the breakfast room was nice, humorous and courteous as well.
The hotel provides free WiFi and it was easy enough to get on-line through their internet service.
The breakfast was complimentary for all guests staying there and they had a pleasant dining room with a myriad of sitting to eat options.They offered an extensive breakfast buffet which was slightly better than most and usually these are very nice. My partner took exception to the scrambled eggs which I was told were rubbery. I didn't have them so that is hearsay. I did have the potatoes and bacon which I thought were good. They had cut up fruit salad in a huge bowl along with fresh apples, oranges and bananas by themselves in bowls throughout the dining room and buffet table. There were cold cereals along with warm ones, 2% milk and fat free, and a plethora of breakfast breads you could toast and bakery items. I usually stay away from pancakes and waffles which you have to make in a somewhat automatic machine. They didn't offer pancakes here, but I saw many people with the waffles and they were large and looked good. Two kinds of yogurt were being kept cool in a bowl with ice. There were three juices and I think 4 different coffees. The coffee service is provided all day long. In addition to the coffees there was hot chocolate and teas as well. .
The only trouble we encountered were some noisy and boisterous guests in the hallway who didn't seem to want to close their door, but let it slam shut. We assumed these were several rooms/guests who were meeting outside of their rooms at the same time to leave the hotel. This was around 5-6PM and we were trying to nap. This seemed to be the only time we heard other guests outside of our room. Maybe the hotel needs to put some rubber stoppers along the door to "catch" it.
When we checked in the desk advised us of a grill restaurant within walking distance which turned out very well for us. (The Greystone Grill) We were told we could get 15% off by showing our hotel key card, and we did and got the 15% off of our food/bar bill. This isn't a "grill" like a diner but a more upscale restaurant. That's another review!
So the Hampton Inn Columbia was a very nice stay for us overall and we would stay there again if the opportunity arose.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and vending machines which are in open hallways or alcoves. The desk actuall...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear GreenWrangler:

It was wonderful to have you here and we are all so delighted you enjoyed your stay! I am so glad you found the accommodations pleasing and the staff friendly and courteous. The Grey Stone Grill is a great place to dine and very convenient as well so it was great to hear you had a good meal and with a discount as well! Please come back and see us again soon. If there is anything we can ever assist you with to enhance your stay even more, just let us know. We are here to serve! You are much appreciated here at Hampton Columbia!
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I travel a lot for work, and I am picky about where I stay when I'm not home. This hotel made me feel right at home from the moment I walked in the door. The front desk staff were very polite and knowledgeable about the places to go for dinner, and the maintenance guy was quick to point out the best room location for my needs. The room was very clean, and the bed made for a great night’s sleep. I have made several return trips to Columbia over the past few months, and every time I do I stay at this hotel. It may not be the closest hotel to my client's site, but it is the closest to being home without actually being home. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Columbia, MD area.

Room Tip: The hot water comes from the end of the building furthest from the elevators, so those showers get h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Jim T:

It was Great to hear we made you feel at home as that is our goal for all of our guests! There is no place like home so when are guests are here, we strive to make their stay a memorable one! We much appreciate you the taking the time to write about your experience. We were all so delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon. If there is anything we can ever assist you with, please let us know! Have a wonderful week!
Carbondale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Hotel was very clean and the breakfast was very good as well. Worked nightshift and the staff made sure we had our rooms as an early check-in. Used the pool twice while there it was nice and warm and very refreshing. Rooms very comfortable with great comfortable beds. plan on staying there again when back in the area. Thanks Again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hello Barry R:

Thank you so much for your comments and we are all so delighted you had a great stay. We are just as excited that you will be coming back to see us! If there is anything the staff or myself can do to enhance your stay even more the next time you are here, just let us know. You are much appreciated here at Hampton Columbia! Enjoy your upcoming weekend!
Clarksville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel was fine for accommodations and service. The only issue that I had was that I was lied to on rates when making reservations. When I made the reservation in DEC 2012 for a stay JAN 15-18, I realized that the rate they quoted was above my authorized per diem for Federal Government. The manager explained that the per diem rate for that area was increasing to the new amount on 1 JAN. I booked, stayed, and paid their new amount. When doing my expense report on 20 JAN, I realized that the per diem rate had not gone up for Columbia - exactly the same as it was in 2012. I contacted the hotel manager and got a completely different story. He tried to tell me that the issue was that their allotment of government rate room were sold out and I was charged the normal rate. Then he would not reimburse me the difference. Rest assured, I will not stay at this hotel again and probably not at any Hampton Inn based on the way I was treated during this issue.
On a high note - the front desk and maintenance personnel are exceptional and responsive. Management could learn from them

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Hello Tony R:

Thank you so much for stayng with us and it was certainly our pleasure to have you here. I was so pleased you enjoyed the accomadations and service we were able to provide to you! I did speak with the Sales Manager you spoke with regarding the conversation you had with him and confirmed when you made the reservation, there were no rooms available at the government per diem rate when you booked the reservation. I apologize that there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding the conversation that you had with him and I would love the opportunity to discuss it with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to speaking with you soon! Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!