“Solid choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Middletown, Delaware
“Solid choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is an excellent choice. It's a great value. The interior looks recently updated. Rooms are in excellent condition. The staff was pleasant. Room clean. Beds comfortable. Plenty of towels and toiletries. Breakfast was good and the coffee was great. I would stay here again without a second thought.

• Stayed November 2012
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
It was certainly our pleasure to be of service and we are all so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive every day to make sure our guests are taken care of and provided with the best service available and we all look forward to you visiting us again soon! If there is anything we can ever do to enhance your stay with us next time, please let us know. You are much appreciated here at Hampton Columbia!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I don't write many reviews for resorts and hotels unless they stand out. Nothing could stop me from writing a review for the Hampton Inn Columbia (Columbia, MD). It's not just the excellent location, just 15 minutes from BWI Airport and my client's office. It's not just the major renovation which was just completed. It's not just the free hot and cold breakfast served every day in the great room. It's not just the hotel services such as the indoor pool, business center, and free wireless. It's not just the various restaurants within several miles of the hotel, with many providing delivery.

It's my home away from home. I have stayed at this property since April of 2010. That's correct and it's not a typo. Few hotels have earned a reputation for my repeat business. My favorite hotels are the Westin Bonaventure L.A., the Walt Disney World Hilton, The Waldorf Astoria and Bonnett Creek Hilton at Lake Buena Vista FL (Disney World), the NY Hilton and Towers (Avenue of the America's NY), or the Chicago Hilton, the Hampton Inn Newport (Newport/Middletown, RI), and, yes, the Hampton Inn Columbia. These hotels have all earned my repeat business, but I have not stayed at any hotel for a longer period of time than the Hampton Inn Columbia. I have stayed over 250 nights in the 2.5 years traveling to the Washington-Metropolitan Area.

What else makes this home for me? The staff! An incredible, fun, attentive staff is what puts this hotel over the top. The Hampton Inn has a knack for being the most hospitable hotel in the industry and it shows. The 100% Guarantee should be replaced with a 110% Guarantee because that is what they deliver at the Hampton Inn Columbia.

When I arrive, I feel like I'm home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow, I was so thrilled to read your review and shared it with the entire staff as well. We all know that traveling and being away from home is challenging and I am just elated we are able to provide you a Home Away from Home here at our hotel. You are much appreciated here at Hampton Inn Columiba and we always look forward to seeing you return. Enjoy your holiday and thank you again!

Best Regards
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at many world class hotels , yet I have never seen the level of service at this Hampton Inn. The entire staff goes out of their way to help people. When my elderly parents were arriving at the BWI rail station, the manager, Neil, arranged for an employee to go the station, help carry their luggage, and assist them in getting their ride to the hotel. This is a truly special place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful comments and it was our pleasure to be able to assist you with your parents travels. We all know how important family is and it was delightful to meet them and make sure everyone arrived to the hotel safe and sound. If there is anything else we can ever do, please let us know. We all wish you and your family a wonderful and joyful holiday season and please come back and see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic staff and very decent pricing. Clean room and great extras. Great restaurants nearby too! Offered fee coffee and had a nice "cafe" area. Handyman was available 24 hours, but not needed. I would recommend to family and friends, and would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We were all delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Our entire staff works really hard to make sure all of our guests feel at home when they choose to visit us and I will certainly convey this review to them as well. Please come back and visit us again soon and have a wonderful holiday season!
MaryTraveler123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was moved to this hotel from a terrible experience at another hotel. So HAPPY that we moved to the Hampton Inn. Was greeted with friendly smiling faces and treated so well. Check in was a snap and the room huge and immaculate. Nice big bathroom! This hotel was the highlight of my stay in Maryland. Great breakfast in the morning too! Thank you everyone at Hampton Inn Columbia for a job well done!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and we were all delighted you enjoyed your stay. We all so much appreciate you taking the time to post your review and our we all are committed to consistently providing our guests witht the best service and accommadations you have come to expect from Hampton Inn. Please come back and see us again soon and enjoy your upcoming weekend!
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I pulled into The Hampton Inn at 8:00 PM and was given a warm welcome and quick check in. The inn is located right off the highway but in a nice quiet area. Since it was raining I was appreciative of the covered entry way. My room was nice, a bit on the small side and had a refrigerator and microwave. The room was clean except for a few stray hairs in the bathroom and some sticky spots on the floor where someone must have spilled something. The bed was very comfortable, which I think matters most.

I think someone else noted the air conditioner is very loud. Since there's metal outside the rain hitting it was extremely loud.

There was a great variety at breakfast including western omelets that looked like they might have been frozen but were delicious despite how they looked.

I had forgotten contact lens solution and there's a supermarket and other restaurants and liquor stores a short drive nearby.

Everyone was friendly and helpful and I would stay here again. Be aware though that state and local taxes added $20 to the $125 a night rate

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and I was delighted you enjoyed your stay. I was glad to hear you enjoyed our hot breakfast, especially our western omlets and we always have a great variety of items to choose from. We so much appreciate you being here and don't forget to check out some of the upcming events in the Columbia and Baltimore area. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hampton Columbia next time you are in the area!
Tampa, FL & worldwide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Columbia with my husband two nights towards the end of June. My parents and brother had a room next to ours and my aunt/uncle/cousin had the next room over. We were all there for a wedding up the road in Silver Spring.
When we arrived the staff had our rooms ready and made check in a breeze. They greeted us with bottles of water and fresh baked cookies.
We had requested a room with a king bed, but to be close to the family we took a room with two queens. The bed was comfortable with soft white linen. The blinds make it nice and dark in the room, perfect for a nap. The hotels location is a nice quiet area so the room was nice and quiet. Breakfast on Saturday morning was really busy. We had to wait to get a table. I wanted a waffle, but there were so many people in line I went with the eggs and turkey sausage. I did get a waffle Sunday morning.
The small indoor pool was great for a relaxing swim.
The staff and the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I needed a safety pin and they found one for me. On the second morning there I got a little cut and they also provided a band-aid.
If I am ever in the area again I will definitely stay at the Hampton Inn COlumbia.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the wedding. It was our pleasure to be able to provide you with the items you needed and am so glad you enjoyed your time at the pool. We love taking care of our guests and I hope you visit us again very soon. There are so many places to see and activities in the area so come on back and enjoy! We all look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Columbia? Share your experiences!