“!” 4 of 5 stars

Stuttgart, Germany
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

A friend and I went to see The Postal Service play here. We bought the tickets two days before the event and were able to get fabulous seats. Get there early! There is free parking in the grass right outside of the venue. It was such a pain to leave. We sat in the car for almost a half hour before we even drove out of our parking spot. The food is expensive but what do you expect? There is a lot of choice for food and drinks which is nice.

Visited June 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Expensive food and drink.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

$14.00 for a margarita on the rocks, $4.00 for water and $7.00 for a hotdog. Very expensive! We were in the standing zone by the stage. They shut off the fans and 4 people had to leave because they were going to pass out from the excessive heat and humidity.

Charles Town, West Virginia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Nice Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Attended first concert at Merriweather and watched The Killers. Great show. I thought the pavilion and outdoor amphitheater seating provided very good sound quality. It is ranked one of the top amphitheaters in the country. Great selection of food and drink - but be prepared to pay a lot as it is pretty pricey. You are better off bringing your own "beverages" and enjoying them while tailgating in the parking lot. Thought getting in and out of the parking lot was relatively easy. I would certainly attend a concert again at Merriweather.

Annapolis, Maryland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A Lovely Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Merriweather is one of my favorite concert venues around because of its location, charm, and well, I graduted from high school here! I have been to two concerts at MPP so far this summer, with another planned for the end of the month. Both times the music and sound were great, the staff was courteous, and we had a great experience overall.

Most recently, we attended a concert on 8/8, and the portable toilets were actually in poor condition. Hours before the concert had started, women were standing outside of them discussing what to do because the smell coming from the row of portables was so strong and offensive. It was too early in the event for them to have been used by concert attendees, so I would encourage the venue to consider doing more to ensure clean faciltiies between events. The insides were very dirty (putting is nicely) and subseqently everyone was using the three stalls in the nearest handicapped restroom (not an effective solution for guests who truly needed them).

Who knows, perhaps the scheduled service didn't occur as usual, but it was a bummer for such an awesome venue. I know we will return for many more shows, so hopefully this review helps to keep the concerts great!

Elkton, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely outdoor pavillion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Loved the outdoor pavillion, but was very unhappy with the main gate. We arrived to the pavillion on our hotel shuttle, when we went through the gate we were ask to be search, which was fine. Then I was told I could not bring in my camera, which is a point and shoot, not professional. I told them I looked their website that mornging and it said as long as it was not a professional camera, which means if the lens come off, if was allowed. Now we are 2 miles away from our hotel and I have to find somewhere for my camera...finally after about 10 minutes we talk to Mary that work for Merriweather and she escorted us to the help counter which held my camera for me. Then we proceeds to our seats and were told we needed a braclets...back to the help counter!!! Finially get in and guess how many people I saw with cameras just like mine, about 20!!! A little ticked off..............