Bought a Living social deal which got me a night, sparkling wine and chocolates. Since I would be away for Valentine's Day, booked for the night before with my wife. We arrived and were greeted pleasantly. They were serving a complimentary dinner of BBQ pulled chicken and baked beans. Beer & wine included. We went to our room and the first thing I noticed was how outdated the room looked. It was quaint, spacious and functional, but dated. (The DVD/VCR was the kicker.) we ate dinner which was mediocre at best and enjoyed a free beer. Went back to the room and watched a bit of TV then started to prepare our "real" dinner. My wife was using the restroom and I heard a shout and a bang. This being Columbia, I ran to see what was wrong. The light fixture in the bathroom fell on my wife and hit her left shoulder. We called downstairs and iced her shoulder. The management came and asked us if we were ok and if we wanted to switch rooms. I declined and they brought us some comp. Tylenol and Advil. Our sleep was comfortable and the breakfast the next morning was good. Overall it was a nice stay. Outdated rooms and watch out for falling light fixtures. That's all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia near Baltimore is your home away from home. Conveniently located within the Washington, DC / Baltimore corridor, our Sonesta ES Suites Columbia is located within a residential area with easy access to Interstate I95 and I70 and Gateway Business Park home to several major business such as Johns Hopkins APL, Sun Microsystems, Magellan Health, MICROS, Sears Logistic, Peak Technologies, Corvis, SAIC, and Hitachi Data Systems. The hotel is convenient to Baltimore Orioles baseball, Baltimore Ravens football, FedEx Field home to the Washington Redskins, the Inner Harbor, historic Annapolis, the U.S. Naval Academy, Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History & Culture, Washington, DC, the Smithsonian Museums. The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia offers a choice of three spacious suite accommodations. Our guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet unwind at end of their day with our evening receptions Tuesday to Thursday. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pet fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Staybridge Suites Columbia