“Enjoyed My Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Columbia
McDonough, Georgia
“Enjoyed My Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Was in town for a family reunion in early August . This hotel was a pretty good pick. It's not brand spanking new, but it's still pretty nice. The front desk folks were nice. When we checked in, they were serving food along with beer and wine. Nothing extravagant, but still good. They offered breakfast as well. Had free Wi-fi also. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The lobby area was neat and clean but the room was less than impressive. Old, dirty carpets, old furniture, bathroom average and not that clean. And, I was on the first level so throughout the night I had someone on the 2nd floor walking around and it was hard to sleep. The parking is easy but my room was facing a back area and I felt a bit uneasy about being so close to the ground where someone could walk back there. I definately would give this 2 stars or maybe 2.5 at best

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Newton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Charleston S.C. We booked it thru hotwire and didn't have any idea what we were going to get. We were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very large with a nice fully stocked (plates, glasses etc.) kitchen area with a full size fridge and microwave.
The bath room was also nice and large. The whole place was spotless. Even the grounds were kept very beautiful. The pool looked nice, but it was raining the whole time we were there. I might have given this place a 4 star, but it really was much nicer than the typical Hotel/motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Strasburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My grandson and I took a trip to Baltimore in August 2013. The rooms there were too expensive for me to be able to afford a two night stay but through Living Social I was able to acquire a room at this very pleasant establishment.

Not only was there a small kitchen with a near oven/stove, here was fridge, microwave and a dishwasher. Never did we eat on paper, from plastic, or drink from Styrofoam while in our room.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and the amenities were abundant. We swam in the outdoor pool and played basketball while our more savvy neighbors grilled their food on the oversized gas grills provided in the courtyard.

We didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DGreen8844, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. I am glad that we meet your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are back in the area.
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked a room here for a last minute weekend getaway. I was pleasantly surprised how clean our room was. Full sized fridge in the kitchen was nice. The facility is severely outdated, but if you’re looking for a place to just shower and sleep I would recommend it. The staff was very friendly and was able to direct us to various restaurants within a 10 minute drive.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank your for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. We will be starting our full renovations in January. I hope when your in the area again you stay with us again.
Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for a combined trip to Washington, D.C. and Camden Yards....(5 night stay). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was great ~ variations each day and plenty to choose from. We were delightfully surprised to have Tues/Wed/Thursday buffet dinners....stuffed shells, hamburgers, Philly cheese steaks....what a time and money saver to come back to the hotel and have a buffet dinner after a busy day of sightseeing! The suites were comfortable and nicely designed for a family or party of 4. The pool was nice and the grounds were inviting. We would return to this hotel again if we were in the area and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DGreen8844, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and I am grateful you chose to spend your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are back in the area.
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Close to Merriweather Post Pavilion. Easy hotel to get to from the highway. They let me check in at noon without any issues. The deluxe continental breakfast was outstanding. Rooms were spacious and clean. It was a little loud staying on the ground floor because you could hear people upstairs. I didn't have an alarm clock in my room but I wondering if someone may have taken it or it was broken and removed. I didn't ask. The full size refrigerator and kitchen was a nice feature.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank your for your time and rewiew of our Hotel. I hope you enjoyed the concert at Merriweather Post. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!