“EXTREMELY nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Columbia
Newton, New Jersey
“EXTREMELY nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Charleston S.C. We booked it thru hotwire and didn't have any idea what we were going to get. We were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very large with a nice fully stocked (plates, glasses etc.) kitchen area with a full size fridge and microwave.
The bath room was also nice and large. The whole place was spotless. Even the grounds were kept very beautiful. The pool looked nice, but it was raining the whole time we were there. I might have given this place a 4 star, but it really was much nicer than the typical Hotel/motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Strasburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My grandson and I took a trip to Baltimore in August 2013. The rooms there were too expensive for me to be able to afford a two night stay but through Living Social I was able to acquire a room at this very pleasant establishment.

Not only was there a small kitchen with a near oven/stove, here was fridge, microwave and a dishwasher. Never did we eat on paper, from plastic, or drink from Styrofoam while in our room.

The staff was friendly, the room was clean and comfortable and the amenities were abundant. We swam in the outdoor pool and played basketball while our more savvy neighbors grilled their food on the oversized gas grills provided in the courtyard.

We didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DGreen8844, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. I am glad that we meet your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are back in the area.
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked a room here for a last minute weekend getaway. I was pleasantly surprised how clean our room was. Full sized fridge in the kitchen was nice. The facility is severely outdated, but if you’re looking for a place to just shower and sleep I would recommend it. The staff was very friendly and was able to direct us to various restaurants within a 10 minute drive.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank your for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. We will be starting our full renovations in January. I hope when your in the area again you stay with us again.
Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for a combined trip to Washington, D.C. and Camden Yards....(5 night stay). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was great ~ variations each day and plenty to choose from. We were delightfully surprised to have Tues/Wed/Thursday buffet dinners....stuffed shells, hamburgers, Philly cheese steaks....what a time and money saver to come back to the hotel and have a buffet dinner after a busy day of sightseeing! The suites were comfortable and nicely designed for a family or party of 4. The pool was nice and the grounds were inviting. We would return to this hotel again if we were in the area and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DGreen8844, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and I am grateful you chose to spend your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are back in the area.
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Close to Merriweather Post Pavilion. Easy hotel to get to from the highway. They let me check in at noon without any issues. The deluxe continental breakfast was outstanding. Rooms were spacious and clean. It was a little loud staying on the ground floor because you could hear people upstairs. I didn't have an alarm clock in my room but I wondering if someone may have taken it or it was broken and removed. I didn't ask. The full size refrigerator and kitchen was a nice feature.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank your for your time and rewiew of our Hotel. I hope you enjoyed the concert at Merriweather Post. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Mbelford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while seeing shows at Merriweather Post Pavillion and chose it strictly due to its proximity to the venue. We were pleasantly surprised to find this was a lovely hotel. First off , they are per friendly and thoughtfully provide bags for dogs. The next best aspects were the pool and free hot breakfast. They put a calendar of social events for people who stay long term (it's near a lot of corporate parks so I assume a lot of people stay here before finding an apartment). The room is big and the kitchen is well stocked (including salt and pepper which is a nice touch). All in all a lovely experience.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review of the Hotel. We are happy that you were very pleased with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you might be in the area.
Cumberland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My daughter and I stayed her for another softball tournment. Conveniently located right of Rt. 100. Hotel was clean and inviting. The lobby was small and could get crowded around check-in time. Breakfast area and sitting area was very nice and fairly spacious. The pool area was very nice. Outdoor pool was great for the kids. Parents could sit and relax and have a few drinks. They had a very nice gazebo with two gas grills for guests to use. Nice basketball court for the kids. The hallways were fairly warm, as was the breakfast area. Breakfast was good and options varied each day. Our room was great. Two bedroom suite. One with two full beds and one with a Queen bed. There was also a sleeper sofa in the living room area. Each bedroom had it's own seperate bathroom. Kitchenette was nice, but no pots or pans to use and no silverware. Turn the ice machine on in the fridge as soon as you get there since the hotel does not have ice machines. Very comfortable beds. My daughter said she could live there as an apartment. I would definitely stay again. Friends stayed in another room. They got the room right next to the elevator. They did not enjoy their experience as much since they heard the elevator all night long.

Room Tip: Pull in front to check-in and unload your luggage. Once you get settled in your room park your car...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for yor time and review of the Sonesta ES Suites Columbia. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while here for the softball tournament. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!