I didn't know what to expect with the Sonesta brand since it took over one of the hotels I would normally stay at, but since it was virtually the same hotel, I thought it couldn't be that bad.....but it was.
I was very unhappy with the hotel from the point of check-in. The person at the front desk didn't smile, it was just business as usual. Didn't even give me directions to get to my room.
The room was ok, but since I planned on cooking in the room, housekeeping was very hesitant about giving me the right size pots I needed. There is usually a selection of sizes, but there were only small pots in this room and when I asked for a larger pot, I had to go through 2 different attendants just to communicate what I needed and although they accommodated me, it was with much hesitation.
The toilet in the room overflowed each day I was there. The front desk sent someone to the room to plunge the toilet which helped, but by the 3rd day, I had about 2 inches of water in the bathroom and wash room area. The solution was to plunge some more and soak the water up with towels. Fortunately when the toilet overflowed, it was clean water in it!!!!
As I was leaving, I explained to the housekeeping manager what had happened and he said he was completely unaware of the overflowing of my toilet, but he wasn't a plumber and asked why didn't I turn the water off to the toilet....the nerve of him!!!!
After I checked out of the hotel, I realized about 45 minutes later that I left my Kindle Fire in the room and immediately called the hotel. Of course no one had seen it and I was told very nicely that there was nothing the hotel can do about it.
This was my 1st and last stay at the Sonesta for sure!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Columbia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia near Baltimore is your home away from home. Conveniently located within the Washington, DC / Baltimore corridor, our Sonesta ES Suites Columbia is located within a residential area with easy access to Interstate I95 and I70 and Gateway Business Park home to several major business such as Johns Hopkins APL, Sun Microsystems, Magellan Health, MICROS, Sears Logistic, Peak Technologies, Corvis, SAIC, and Hitachi Data Systems. The hotel is convenient to Baltimore Orioles baseball, Baltimore Ravens football, FedEx Field home to the Washington Redskins, the Inner Harbor, historic Annapolis, the U.S. Naval Academy, Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History & Culture, Washington, DC, the Smithsonian Museums. The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia offers a choice of three spacious suite accommodations. Our guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet unwind at end of their day with our evening receptions Tuesday to Thursday. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pet fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.