The facility is fine. There is ample parking with good lighting. Security is not an issue. I had a problem with a group of 15 or so young men (ages 25 +/-) who were particularly disruptive. Their herd behavior created a poor environment in the dining room, hallways, and parking lot. One morning I notified the front desk that they needed to monitor this group who were being loud and obnoxious in the dining room that was mixed with young children. These men had no clue as to the inappropriateness of their vulgar language in front of these kids.
I experienced my adolescent years in the 60's and am no prude. The behavior of these guests can only be described as boorish and offensive to most people. Management needs to stay on top of these problems. Numerous guests complained to the front desk about these guys and nothing was done. On day 4, a beer-fest broke out in the 100 wing creating a frat house environment. I demanded to be moved to another area of the hotel which was quickly processed. It came down to being moved or checking out.
The facility is fine. I would and will stay there again. Make no mistake however, if I have a problem like this again, I will be a former customer.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Columbia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia near Baltimore is your home away from home. Conveniently located within the Washington, DC / Baltimore corridor, our Sonesta ES Suites Columbia is located within a residential area with easy access to Interstate I95 and I70 and Gateway Business Park home to several major business such as Johns Hopkins APL, Sun Microsystems, Magellan Health, MICROS, Sears Logistic, Peak Technologies, Corvis, SAIC, and Hitachi Data Systems. The hotel is convenient to Baltimore Orioles baseball, Baltimore Ravens football, FedEx Field home to the Washington Redskins, the Inner Harbor, historic Annapolis, the U.S. Naval Academy, Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History & Culture, Washington, DC, the Smithsonian Museums. The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia offers a choice of three spacious suite accommodations. Our guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet unwind at end of their day with our evening receptions Tuesday to Thursday. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pet fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.