“Staybridge are great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
NOTTINGHAM, ENGLAND
“Staybridge are great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Everything you need from a short or long stay accomodation. Full kitchen in suite and free guest laundry, gym etc. The breakfast is good and the sundowner evening buffet midweek is excellent and includes beer/wine. I believe they are leaving the staybridge group at the end of august 2012 so I don't know what it's changing to but a really good place to stay at the moment. Rooms are clean and a good size and staff are helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I travel for business A LOT. I always try to save $ for the client- so in this area, the Staybridge was the best option for the money. I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of my room, amenities, atmosphere, and the breakfast/dinner offering. Although I didn't take advantage of all the meals, I felt for others, who were even more budget conscious, or were traveling with family, it was a really nice perk. I did have breakfast two of three days. It was on par with a Marriott Courtyard- pre-formed eggs, bacon/sausage, hard boiled eggs, cereal, pastries, etc. Although not great, it was quite good and helped me get a good protein-filled start to my long days. I have three "complaints"- and they don't stop me from returning:

1. Yes- as previous reviews have stated, the walls and doors are thin- you can definitely hear it if you have noisy neighbors. Luckily, other than a few loud people in the hall, I didn't. In the hotel's defense though, I didn't find the noise to be any different from any other budget/mid-priced hotel- and even more expensive hotels. The facility can't control the people you happen to have next door, no matter the thickness of their walls.

2. The wireless internet access. Don't count on it if you have reports to file by deadlines at the end of the day as I did. However, when I did finally call on the second day (my fault for waiting) a staff member was at my door in 30 seconds to bring me an ethernet cable- thus my ability to get speedily online tonight to write this review. My advice- just get the ethernet cable when you check in, or bring your own and you'll be all set!

3. Parking- it's very limited up front. I was psyched to have room 130- right by the lobby- only to find that I could never park out front and had to go in the back exit and wind my way around to my room. However, the hotel isn't very big, so it wasn't a hardship.

I loved the full(ish) kitchenette. It allowed me to bring in fruit, milk for my coffee, and all those things that make a stay more comfortable.

Room was super clean with everything you could need for a day or a month.

Bottom line, I'll definitely stay at a Staybridge again!

Room Tip: Choose a room to the back of the hotel- less noise AND parking is VERY limited at the front door- so...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We booked there because there was no rooms left at Sheraton. We had a suite with two bathrooms wich was perfect for us women. It's clean and very friendly and the price is quite good. Will book there again next year, why pay more to be in a lot smaller room closer to the Merriweather when we can have a lot better for less money. We shared cabs to get to the event and it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights during a business trip. My room was nice and clean but my colleagues complained about cigarette smell in theirs. Breakfast was good and staff was friendly....but the walls were super thin!!! I mean really super thin! I could hear everything that was going on in the room next to me. Every word! During my last night someone above me was walking around till 2 am and then got up after 5am... It was very annoying.... if it wasn't my last night there I would have asked to be moved to a different room. What an exhausting night that was! Wouldn't stay there again because of the noise issue.

Room Tip: If possible choose the top floor so you won't hear people walking above you
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Columbia, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear arobaczek,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. We are pleased you liked our breakfast options and our friendly staff. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience the noise from other guests caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed here with my family for a couple nights for a hockey event in Laurel. Nice hotel, pretty consistent with other Staybridges I have stayed in. Convenient access to Route 100 and I-95. Near shopping and not too far away (5 minutes) from some decent resturants too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cheshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We have stayed in several Staybridge Suites locations. This one is the same as the rest - clean, comfortable beds, generous rooms and an acceptable breakfast (although I hate disposable plates and cutlery).

In comparison with others we've stayed in, this one did seem a bit tired and in need of an update - just general stuff like tidying the paintwork, replacing the odd fixture etc.

All in all, it is an acceptable place to stay, but it is not luxurious.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Heilbronn, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Rooms are large, clean and comfortable including small kitchenette.
Hotel offers a free buffet breakfast and evening meal, including cold beers.
Breakfast selection is fine, pity that there is only plastic plates and cutlery.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!