I travel for business A LOT. I always try to save $ for the client- so in this area, the Staybridge was the best option for the money. I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of my room, amenities, atmosphere, and the breakfast/dinner offering. Although I didn't take advantage of all the meals, I felt for others, who were even more budget conscious, or were traveling with family, it was a really nice perk. I did have breakfast two of three days. It was on par with a Marriott Courtyard- pre-formed eggs, bacon/sausage, hard boiled eggs, cereal, pastries, etc. Although not great, it was quite good and helped me get a good protein-filled start to my long days. I have three "complaints"- and they don't stop me from returning:
1. Yes- as previous reviews have stated, the walls and doors are thin- you can definitely hear it if you have noisy neighbors. Luckily, other than a few loud people in the hall, I didn't. In the hotel's defense though, I didn't find the noise to be any different from any other budget/mid-priced hotel- and even more expensive hotels. The facility can't control the people you happen to have next door, no matter the thickness of their walls.
2. The wireless internet access. Don't count on it if you have reports to file by deadlines at the end of the day as I did. However, when I did finally call on the second day (my fault for waiting) a staff member was at my door in 30 seconds to bring me an ethernet cable- thus my ability to get speedily online tonight to write this review. My advice- just get the ethernet cable when you check in, or bring your own and you'll be all set!
3. Parking- it's very limited up front. I was psyched to have room 130- right by the lobby- only to find that I could never park out front and had to go in the back exit and wind my way around to my room. However, the hotel isn't very big, so it wasn't a hardship.
I loved the full(ish) kitchenette. It allowed me to bring in fruit, milk for my coffee, and all those things that make a stay more comfortable.
Room was super clean with everything you could need for a day or a month.
Bottom line, I'll definitely stay at a Staybridge again!
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Baltimore Columbia Hotel Columbia
- Staybridge Suites Columbia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia near Baltimore is your home away from home. Conveniently located within the Washington, DC / Baltimore corridor, our Sonesta ES Suites Columbia is located within a residential area with easy access to Interstate I95 and I70 and Gateway Business Park home to several major business such as Johns Hopkins APL, Sun Microsystems, Magellan Health, MICROS, Sears Logistic, Peak Technologies, Corvis, SAIC, and Hitachi Data Systems. The hotel is convenient to Baltimore Orioles baseball, Baltimore Ravens football, FedEx Field home to the Washington Redskins, the Inner Harbor, historic Annapolis, the U.S. Naval Academy, Reginald F. Lewis Museum of African American History & Culture, Washington, DC, the Smithsonian Museums. The Sonesta ES Suites Columbia offers a choice of three spacious suite accommodations. Our guests enjoy a complimentary breakfast buffet unwind at end of their day with our evening receptions Tuesday to Thursday. We are a pet friendly hotel. Pet fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Columbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.