“Very spacious” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Very spacious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed only one night, but our room was very spacious. It was very wet out and there was some water inside the hallway being dried with a dehumidifier, but our room was fine. We did find one ant in the kitchen area, but again it was very wet outside and had been raining for days. The breakfast had a lot of choices to offer and the courtyard has BBQ grills and tables to sit outside. Overall a nice place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
crittenden,virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed at this hotel one weekend for work. The hotel was well lighted, safe, clean and well managed. The room was well decorated, clean and comfortable. There were many places to those from close by to eat out, a very good restaurant in the shopping center across the street called asean restaurant, also a grocery store to pick up supplies close by.

Room Tip: my sister had a broken foot so we asked for the handicapped room which worked out perfect, wide door...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I checked in on 8/18/11. On 8/23/11 I asked for full house keeping, they did not change the linens, vacuum the carpet, washed the dishes without soap. I then asked them to
leave clean linens so I could do it myself. I brought my own towel which I hung. They moved it so they could hang there own. So I asked them to remove all towels, I didnt need them. When I returned the next evening, they had made the bed and left all the towels. I went back to them and the manager informed me it was not his fault as he was not there when house keeper was in the room.
On friday I asked for full house keeping service, I returned to the room at 12 am, nothing was done. The manager said it shpuld have been done. they did it on Saturday.
Thursday night I called the front desk to request full service. Friday morning at 10 am , I called to say I left the do not disturb sign on the door by mistake. At 11 am, someone called phone to ask if I needed service as the sign was on my door. Friday evening when I returned to the room, the dishwasher had not been run, the mirror was as dirty as I left it, but the bed was made.
I am staying at this hotel because it has a gyn and a kitchenette, the only one in this location. I would leave if it was convenient.I have written to the regional office and they said they would contact this hotel. I will continue to inform the public of my stay as I go on.Oh they advertise a dvd library but when I asked about it they showed me about 10 dvds, that staff had brought in. They then told me that giant had a red box.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

First off, I tried to temper my enthusiasm for this joint by waiting a few weeks to review it. It didn't work.
The goods:
It is very easy to get to, right off the highway and very near to grocery stores, convenience stores and several restaurants.
I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite due to my Priority Club member status (total bonus). There was only one of me, but there's something about having 3 distinct rooms when traveling on business that makes everything better.
The free breakfast. Typical ICG group breakfasts. Best part, free.

The Greats:
The sundowner reception. Free dinner and drinks??? GET OUTTA HERE!
The amenities. Very nice workout room, very nice basketball court, very nice pool.
The staff. Front desk was quick and accommodating. The housekeeping staff did everything they were supposed to.

The OK's:
Old outdated TVs - big deal.

Put it all together, I was extremely happy here. I've stayed at a number of ICG hotels in the Baltimore/DC metro area, this one will be my go-to place from now on.

Room Tip: Be a priority club member.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I love Staybridge Suites as it is a beautiful hotel. We traveled with our $ teenagers and need a hotel that will fit 6 of us comfortably. This suite had 2 bedrooms one with 2 queen beds and a bathroom for the kids. The other bedroom has 1 queen bed and our own bathroom. In between the two bedrooms is a nice size living room with a pull out sofa bed and full kitchen. This place is great for a family. It allows you to travel and stay together without everyone being on top of each other for a very affordable rate per night. My kids love when I tell them I was able to find a Staybridge Suite where we will be traveling! The pool area was great as well as the baksetball court. Free breakfast every morning. they also had and couple evening of free dinner, but we had plans and were not back in time to try that out. The staff was very welcoming. The location of this hotel was perfect for out plans. We were about 20 min from Washington D.C area and about 15 minutes from Camden Yard/Baltimore area which is what we were doing. Also a very safe area. We will definetly come back if we travel to this area again!!
P.C ~CT

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Falmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We first stayed here in 2009 for just one night & liked it so much that we booked 10 nights in 2010. All the staff here are friendly & helpful. The room was clean & comfortable. The complimentary food was simple but much appreciated. The only complaint was that the pool was closed despite the very high temperatures. We have just called to book a 5 night stay next month & were pleased that Jamal on the front desk remembered us. The location is very convenient for Baltimore & Washington.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Everything about the hotel was great, the room was really nice and the check in was quick and easy. Breakfast was okay as well. The only issue we had was the day of checkout the housekeeping lady kept knocking on our door from 9:30 am and she knocked five different times! Even after we informed the front desk we were checking out late they kept knocking on our door! Then what made matters worse was when we opened the door the housekeeper was no where to be found. We were so aggitated about the housekeeping that we checked out earlier than we were supposed to and when we told the front desk agent he just apoligized and said there may have been a miscommunication with the housekeeper. Even if so checkout was not until 12pm and they should not have been knocking on our door if we were due out that day. I would also not come back here because they do not have nmany restaurants near by. I expected better service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbia
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
4.5 of 5 stars 276 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
SpringHill Suites Columbia

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Columbia? Share your experiences!