“Nice little find” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tino's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 220 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington, DC
“Nice little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'd been to this plaza many times, Jesse Wong's Asean Bistro which I frequent is there. But one time I parked in front of Tino's and smell of garlic wafted our way - so I knew i had to try it. So my wife and Went for lunch. Very nice. The bread with garlic oil was really good. Salads crisp and tasty, We had veal and chicken saltimbocca. Both were very good. Also, the house wine (those offered by the glass) were rather good. Service was both courteous and done well. All-in-all, a nice dining experience. Only downside was the Lunch menu does not apply on weekends.
We will be going back - and we'll need to try the happy hour.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Starke, Florida
“Just good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This is certainly not the quality of food you would expect In a shopping plaza! My home office is within walking distance, so we stop in for lunch quite often when I visit, and I have to say they just simply have great food. So I was up at home office for a couple days and decided to go there for dinner 1 night, what a great dining experience this is such a quaint little restaurant it was unexpected.great food and service!

Columbia, Md
“Amazing House Dressing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good and affordable italian food in Columbia. One of my regular dishes is the Chicken Paesano which is chicken with penne and banana peppers in a rose sauce. Dishes can be a bit on the rich side. The Fra Diavolo is authentic and very hot! The house salad (2.99 with entree) has a nice assortment of crunchy fresh vegetables and the sweet & garlicky "Tino's" house dressing is amazingly delicious. Crusty bread is plentiful and baked on the premises. Nice affordable selection of wines by the glass.

• Visited February 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Very Solid Italian With Something For Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I find Howard lacking in decent, reliable Italian. I've only been to Tino's this one time but now I'm hopeful. What I really love about it is that it feels upscale enough for a nice evening out, but downscale enough for a nice evening out with the kids. The menu definitely has something for everyone, including my daughter, who is a vegetarian. You can get fancy with the veal and wine based sauces, or you can get a hoagie.

Prices are reasonable. Our bill for 5 wasn't cheap but then we ordered drinks and desserts. We went on Sunday and ordered a bottle of wine off the available by the glass list for 25% off, that helped for sure.

Service was good. Patient with the kids. Our server forgot to tell us the specials but was otherwise fast, efficient and spot on. He managed the feat of waiters in nicer restaurants to refill beverages and bus empty plates without the diners noticing.

• Visited March 2013
Columbia, MD
“Love their food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I love Tino's and have probably been about 20 times over the past year. The food is so good and reasonably priced. We especially enjoy the caprese salad, rosemary chicken & pasta, chicken marsala, truffles, and tiramisu. But there are plenty of other good items to choose from too. You also get some tasty bread and olive oil when you sit down too. I highly recommend this place. We do make reservations on the weekends because it has become a popular dinner place.

• Visited February 2013