“Amazing House Dressing” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 216 restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Columbia, Md
“Amazing House Dressing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good and affordable italian food in Columbia. One of my regular dishes is the Chicken Paesano which is chicken with penne and banana peppers in a rose sauce. Dishes can be a bit on the rich side. The Fra Diavolo is authentic and very hot! The house salad (2.99 with entree) has a nice assortment of crunchy fresh vegetables and the sweet & garlicky "Tino's" house dressing is amazingly delicious. Crusty bread is plentiful and baked on the premises. Nice affordable selection of wines by the glass.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Very Solid Italian With Something For Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I find Howard lacking in decent, reliable Italian. I've only been to Tino's this one time but now I'm hopeful. What I really love about it is that it feels upscale enough for a nice evening out, but downscale enough for a nice evening out with the kids. The menu definitely has something for everyone, including my daughter, who is a vegetarian. You can get fancy with the veal and wine based sauces, or you can get a hoagie.

Prices are reasonable. Our bill for 5 wasn't cheap but then we ordered drinks and desserts. We went on Sunday and ordered a bottle of wine off the available by the glass list for 25% off, that helped for sure.

Service was good. Patient with the kids. Our server forgot to tell us the specials but was otherwise fast, efficient and spot on. He managed the feat of waiters in nicer restaurants to refill beverages and bus empty plates without the diners noticing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, MD
“Love their food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I love Tino's and have probably been about 20 times over the past year. The food is so good and reasonably priced. We especially enjoy the caprese salad, rosemary chicken & pasta, chicken marsala, truffles, and tiramisu. But there are plenty of other good items to choose from too. You also get some tasty bread and olive oil when you sit down too. I highly recommend this place. We do make reservations on the weekends because it has become a popular dinner place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Acceptable local at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We found too many aspects of our dinner were not right or lacking. On a positive note the waiting staff and service were excellent. Otherwise the list mounts up - dull table lighting, red wine too warm (it claims to be a wine bar), no fresh grated parmesan, rather odd oil dip for the bread, lifeless tasteless ingredients, a large menu with too much do it yourself mix-and-match to have chance of freshly prepared character.

Our pizza was nice and thin but the tomato and cheese base was devoid of taste and the roasted red peppers plus minuscule amounts of basil were no improvement. Two of us had pasta based constructions that included over seasoned shrimp.
Overall there is no inclination to return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glenwood Maryland
“Really Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I gotta state that the margherita pizza at Tinos is as close to the pizza I had in Rome as any I have ever had in the U.S.

This is a gem of a restaurant. Maybe a higher priced than some, yet I feel that it is worth it.

• Visited November 2012