“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Was looking forward to some pub grub....my bangers and mash were only slighly warm. Waitress more interested in serving my hubby who got offered two refills of tea to my zero. Won't be back...

Visited July 2013

Columbia, Maryland
“Slow service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Sat outside for a "quick" lunch on a Saturday afternoon. Well over 2 hours later we were paying the bill. Crab slider appetizer was very good even though it was served differently than what server described. Good thing we had that to eat since it was another hour before our lunch arrived - which was ordered at the same time as our appetizer. The manager came out to explain that the chef had overcooked the fish and chips and they had to start over. I appreciate the update but it does not take an hour to cook 2 orders of fish and chips. The worse part is the fish they served was still overcooked. The other entree which apparently just sat in the kitchen for 45 minutes and reheated at the last minute was completely dried out. I have never had dry mashed potatoes and crunchy sausage. I didn't complain since I didn't want to wait another hour for our food. This was our second visit and surely our last.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
severn, MD
“No chips”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My British husband and I visited this Pub on Sunday evening, May 28. When we arrived, we were seated promptly. The came the bad news. "We have a new menu, and some things are not available and the service might take longer." Not available: English style chips, The Sunday Roast, crab balls and several other items in which we were not interested. Really. If you are an English Pub, somebody should have thought about the chips and the Sunday Roast. What we finally ended up ordering was pretty good, but if you know England, and we do, this is not to be expected. When we left and asked for a comment card, the young people working the desk were hanging out at the podium with their friends. My husband was accosted for money directly outside the doors of the pub. Not a great experience, and I will need to hear from the management before we ever return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Nice Place to Hold a Large Group Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Attended a social event/club mtg/happy hour in the back near the main dining room. The drink prices were good (Friday night happy hour) and the space they gave our group was large and comfortable with two pool tables, TVs, a dedicated small bar with bartenders just for our group, etc. I didn't have any food but it looked appetizing and the menu looked good. The main bar and restaurant area was very busy with a mostly 30s-40s crowd the night I was there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Medford, Oregon
“Very average...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good choice of bottled beers - not such a good choice of drafts.
Service was pretty slow - gave up asking for a glass of water to go with my beer as waitress just didnt seem to be bothered..
Food arrived cold - was too hungry to complain - but to be fair one of my colleagues did complain and they brought out a fresh dish and didnt charge for it.
Was a little disappointing overall....

Visited April 2013