“We like this place, the ceviches are great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul 17

Azul 17
9400 Snowden River Parkway, Suite 127, Columbia Market Place, Columbia, MD 21045
410.309.9717
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Columbia MD
“We like this place, the ceviches are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stop here at least once a month to satisfy our ceviche crave. They offer some that are not on the menus and have seasonal specials too. Always great food and service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

63% Recommend
Newark DE
“Nice place in a strip mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Good tequila
Selection. Freshly prepared food with excellent service. Guacamole
Prepared table side. Very good main dishes. Fish fresh..

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Laurel, Maryland
“Delicious; It's hard to find good Mexican-ish food in MD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My spouse and I just ate at Azul 17. We found the restaurant to be clean and inviting with comfortable seating. The decor looked up-to-date, or at least not outdated.

We ordered sodas, an appetizer of tamales (very tasty), a plate each of enchiladas (very tasty, also), maduros, and fried ice cream (good way to finish a delicious meal). Chips and salsa (and a refill) were complimentary.

The total was about $60. Looking at the menu, an entre typically runs under $20 - pretty STANDARD for Columbia, MD, in or out of a strip mall.

Service was good, there were 3-4 other dining parties while we were there in the middle of the afternoon.

Since when does a restaurant in a strip mall have a ceiling

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Excellent mole!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our first visit to Azul 17. I chose it because the menu looked promising and we were in a rut in our Mexican restaurant choices lately. The place was very open, though small, so I guess that balances out. We came in at 6:00 on a Sunday, so no problem getting a table. It did fill up more later. My husband and I both tried a classic Margarita to start. It was a bit sweet for my taste, but not obnoxiously so. The chips came out warm and crispy and the salsa was excellent. I could've eaten those all night and should've stopped earlier than I did! The waitress was helpful in choosing a different Margarita that was slightly on the spicy side, but really hit the spot. The food took a little while to come out, but we weren't in a hurry. I'm sure it was because I ordered the game hen with mole sauce. I REALLY enjoyed it. The mole was yummy. I think next time I'll get chips smothered in mole sauce! My daughter liked her chicken enchiladas and hubby enjoyed his beef enchiladas. It was on the expensive side, but a $15 Restaurant.com coupon helped take the sting off. I recommend Azul 17. The service was attentive and the food stands out over your average Mexican fare.

“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Not much else to say. Food was average but the prices were outrageous!

Hint to owners: you're in a strip mall - you want to charge an average of $25/plate then your food had better be memorable.

Guac was standard but the waiter sitting there (trolly-cart style) making it at your table is blasé and uncomfortable to say the least.

Not going back