“Cool Vibe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul 17

Azul 17
9400 Snowden River Parkway, Suite 127, Columbia Market Place, Columbia, MD 21045
410.309.9717
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Cool Vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you sit in the bar area there is definitely a cool vibe if you go for dinner on a weekend. They play some good music that makes you feel like you are at a club and it is filled with people. The guacamole rojo is great and made tableside. Their queso was also very good and made from chihuahua cheese.

Visited October 2012

“Went for the first time with a Groupon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I love Groupons and Livingsocial deals because I find places that i've never been before. My husband and I go on dates almost every week and we love to try new places or visit old favorites. Without a doubt, this is one of my new favorites. This was my first time trying ceviché and it was amazing. It tasted really good and the smell was fresh and lemony. We put it on top of chips and enjoyed it a lot. I also tried the cactus which was good with the tortillas but by itself it wasn't the best thing but not because of the flavor, but the texture. I guess it depends on the person. I wouldn't order it again. I also had the tacos al pastor...delish! The best thing about my meal was the margarita. I think the name was "La Diabla" or "El Diablo"...it had a chilli and salt rim that took the drink to another level. I usually don't drink margaritas but from time to time, if the description on the menu looks good, i order one but my husband ends up drinking it instead because i can't stand the taste. Not with this margarita! It was the perfect balance of tequila, sweetnest and spice. I had two and I would had had more but we were going to the movies after. Now that they got me as a client, I will go back and have way more...maybe just seat at the bar with some friends and eat a couple of appetiezers and margaritas. The ambiance was nice. The decorations were modern with the white seats and black accents on the walls. The server did a good job explaining the menu and was helpful when i asked her if there was any dairy in certain dishes. They have vegetarian dishes and vegan ones clearly marked on the menu but i just cant have dairy. She went and talked to someone and offered me another dish that didnt have dairy. I love when they are accomodating like that. We arrived at the perfect time (around 6:15 Saturday) and we didn't have to wait for a table but later on we heard the host ask people if they had reservations because the place was full. I would reccomend making reservations just in case. We didn't have issues using our Groupon and thanks to that, i will come back! Great find.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, MD
“Real Mexican, Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Large margarita bar (10 tables?) and restaurant area with about 16 tables. Late Saturday lunch; party of two. Good service. We had a groupon. We had steak fajitas and vegetable fajitas. Both quite good. Large portions with good sides and very good tortillas. We will return again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been there twice now and plan to go back again and again. Everything is made from scratch and it shows. Service was excellent, management also. They even tailored the spice to my taste hot hot hot! Great variety of Tequila. The Chilpachole is to die for, have it spicy! Game hen mole delicious.They make the guacamole at your table. We even left with a gift. Anyone who appreciate authentic Mexican cuisine will be very happy here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“There are more honest places out there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Went as a group of six people. We ordered drinks, appetizer, entree and desserts. The food was good, better quality mexican. When the bill was presented we were able to split the bill in half. Each of the two receipts had half the total. Yet when my credit card bill came, they had charged the entire amount to my card. After checking, the other half of the bill had been charged to their account. It took several calls to the "manager" who was surly about the whole thing even though I had the receipt and he had a copy of it also and finally to the credit card company to make it right. It would have been better if they had cooperated-makes me feel like they were dishonest.
My advise-if you go, pay cash and check the bill.
How disappointing, I likked the