“Love the pho!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Love the pho!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My favorite for pho....lots of veggies, good base stock, wide variety of meats.....flavor that with some extra "chicken" red sauce and it's enough for dinner and lunch the next day. Other good choices: chicken salad, summer rolls, spring rolls, and dinner special. We do carryout from here a LOT!

Visited August 2013

DAYTON
“Great Viet food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love Vietnamese food because it's fresh,simple, filling and low fat. You can't go wrong here if you want healthy, reasonably priced, tasty food with a bottle of Sriracha sauce on your table.
Service was fine. Decor is very very basic. Don't go if your looking for upscale romantic dinner out! This place is great if you want a quick bite for lunch, or low key dinner with company cause you don't feel like cooking.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Baltimore
“Good non-pho food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been here once, stopping by on the way to D.C., but I probably need to come back and try Pho Dat Thanh's pho noodles and/or vermicelli bowls to yield a complete review.

It's funny that I came here with three other friends and none of us ordered the typical Vietnamese staples. Instead, we opted for sharing a couple of dishes that were not necessarily straight-up Vietnamese per say. They looked and tasted more like Chinese. But in that sense, kudos to Pho Dat Thanh for having a massive and diverse menu. I daresay it's bigger than most Vietnamese restaurants.

That being said, the pork pot and crispy beef dishes were memorable. Though the portions were somewhat small, they tasted good. Lunch on a Saturday is pretty busy. As such service was slower than we'd have hoped for. But busyness is a good sign. I'll definitely need to stop by again for some pho.

Visited February 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect example of really poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I used to go to this restaraunt 2 to 3 times per week. I'd take my family and friens there, clients, and business partners as well. I brought lots of business to this place and have experienced thr decline in service. I went there this past Friday and walked in to find six people in the place and 5 women ignoring them. I waited to be seated for several minutes until yhe bus boy asked them to seat me. The treatment was insulting to the the bus boy apologized to me. These five women never said a word to me and I mean not a word like, "Can I take your order?" My daughter lives out of state and the last time she came home, she wanted to eat here. She is a chef with a degree from the Culinary Institue of America and her dining experience was so bad that she said she doesn't want to reward their poor service with more business.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jeff P
Columbia MD
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I really like Vietnamese and Pho Dat Thanh is always good. I wanted a light dinner so went for my frequent lunch dish - the Chicken Salad (listed with appetizers). It is a large plate of cabbage, onions and shredded chicken in a very light sauce similar to fish sauce - no mayo in this one. The soup we shared was very good as well.

Visited July 2013